Floating measurements.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Navigator53

Vessel Name
Bellamia
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 42 cl
Does anyone know the floatation measures of the GB 42 cl hull of 1991?
In the manual I did not find anything, only the measures out of all.
I would like to equip myself with a pair of spare propellers and the builders ask me for these data in order to better size the realization.
Thanks to those who want to help me.

Does anyone know the floatation measures of the GB 42 cl hull of 1991?
In the manual I did not find anything, only the measures out of all.
I would like to equip myself with a pair of spare propellers and the builders ask me for these data in order to better size the realization.
Thanks to those who want to help me.

Google "GB 42 lwl"

multiple sources quote 41'1"

Good Luck
HW

Thanks, I had the measures directly from the Grand Banks, they are very kind and ready in response.
For the benefit of other shipowners, values are:
LWL - 41 '1
Beam -14 '1

I want to duplicate them as a backup. It is good practice to have the propellers of respect as well as the anchor and spare parts for the engines, those less easily available.

I want to duplicate them as a backup. It is good practice to have the propellers of respect as well as the anchor and spare parts for the engines, those less easily available.

It makes sense to duplicate them but why don't you just take the measurements off the existing props and order spares. Why does a "builder" need hull dimensions to do that ?

Because one of the builders that I have asked says that it can make propellers with better performances of the originals. That's why he wants all the parameters of the hull and engines / transmissions.
For now I'm only evaluating this hypothesis, I'm not very convinced of the good result of any changes compared to the original but the manufacturer is one of the best in the world and some reason may have it. I will also evaluate based on the cost that I will propose.
In this regard, the price made by another manufacturer for a single propeller is around 1,600 / $ 1,700, more than 3,200 for the couple. Are these prices fair?

"Because one of the builders that I have asked says that it can make propellers with better performances of the originals. That's why he wants all the parameters of the hull and engines / transmissions."

IF your GB is a displacement boat , and you don't try to pull water skiers I doubt his claim is rational.

BY now a 1991 boat would have few secrets for a prop shop.

WE use Ahoy Props , just outside New Orleans and have been very pleases with prop, and price.

www.ahoypropellers.com/
Ahoy Propellers provides quality propellers at affordable prices. Our inboard boat props are engineered for superior performance, durability and...‎About Us · ‎Ztrack Props · ‎Torking Props · ‎Our Process

Back
Top Bottom