Vacuflush Riddle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Make
1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
Those of us that are lucky to be retired and full time cruisers tend to know their boats. So when you have a strange sound you know something is up.

So riddle me this:

You look at your T pump as your Admiral flushes. The pump starts pumping. There is fluid is being pumped out on the top of the pump, not through the pump.

Cause?

OK I already know the answer. Miss Peggy probably knows too. So school is in session.........:popcorn::D

New bellows time.

Hole in the bellows diaphragm?

Ted

That is what I thought. But nope it wasn't the bellows.

Good try........

Pump housing cracked?

Could be a hole in the bellows if it's old enough or been used enough be worn. It might leak out the top if that were the only problems, but your description sounds like it actually squirts, which means something has to .be preventing the flush from going through the pump...a duckbill encrusted with urine crystals or clogged with waste and TP as a result of using too little water.

And btw...you refer to a T-Pump, which is SeaLand's overboard discharge pump. The vacuum pump is an S-pump. However, you wouldn't be the first person to replace a failed S-Pump with a T-Pump for half the price.

--Peggie

For me, it was the bellows. What a mess! However, you said it wasn't the bellows. If I remember correctly, there is a clamp that holds the pump shell together. Perhaps it loosened?

Tator

Ding Ding Ding!!! We have a winner. But Peggie is all knowing queen of poop (Said with respect and love). She stated:

"but your description sounds like it actually squirts, which means something has to .be preventing the flush from going through the pump...a duckbill encrusted with urine crystals or clogged with waste and TP as a result of using too little water."

What I found was a collapsed duckbill on the outlet side of the pump. All encrusted with a hard substance that is almost harder than granite!! The system is old and it is time to upgrade the pump.

Yes water is your friend!! I preach that when we have guests and they get "Potty Trained!"

Peggie is also correct that it is an S-Pump. Waiting on parts from Marine Sanitation out of Seattle.

Thanks for playing TF Jeopardy....:thumb:

I bought my parts at Marine Sanitation. Got new duckbills, pump housing, top, O-rings and it is all new again. Poured bleach in the bilge and tomorrow I get my old shop vac and suck up whats left.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom