Backup Camera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JC53

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Sea Witch
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 42 #47
Looking for an analog backup camera for my Raymarine e120 that’s not the $500. Raymarine cam100. There seem to be dozens of options available under $100. But not sure what will match up with BNC connection and play on my old e120. Anyone had success with this?

It would be nice to be able to integrate but that's a lot of money

I got the Wyze Cam 2 for backup and the Wyze Pan&Zoom for the ER

$19 & $29 respectively..........

Wood - I've been playing with the Wizecams for a while with the idea of using them to monitor the status of the boat while it is in port. I like the concept of using them for backup but it appears that you have to connect to their cloud server in order to access your camera. Have you a work around for this? or are you always connected to the internet?

I'd like a back up cam, but totally independent, not connected to anyones server.

Don’t think Raymarine e120 will support wireless. I was looking at RageCams but can’t determine if it will work with my setup. Love our KK42 but huge blind spot backing in a narrow alleyway.

Does the Raymarine e120 have BNC or RCA video inputs? If so, just about any security analog camera would work. All you would need is coax cable between the display and the camera and a 24-48vdc power supply.

Some MFD's support IP cameras, and there are numerous IP camera protocols. Check your manual or plotter for connector types. If it is Ethernet connected, then it should be able to work with some IP cameras.
Your manual should show what it works with...

SeeVee: I wouldn't want any camera that didn't allow for local access. Since it is a boat and most boats don't have full-time IP access, server-based cameras don't make sense. the reason why they don't make sense is that they don't work without Internet access and secondly, they require a constant IP data bandwidth pipe to send a continuous video feed to the remote server.

My favorite camera company is Mobotix, but they are not the low dollar vendor... they don't require a central server, but can do local or remote storage and have complete autonomy and can send or save video in the event of a video motion detection.

Search Ebay. They come with their own display monitor and cost very little. Most are wireless.

Back
Top Bottom