Trawler Forum

Trawler Forum (http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/)
-   Cruising and Events - Interior Waters (http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s26/)
-   -   Who /How Many Are Doing Trent-Severn / Georgain Bay 2019? (http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s26/who-how-many-doing-trent-severn-georgain-bay-2019-a-42899.html)

Bacchus 02-04-2019 06:48 PM

Who /How Many Are Doing Trent-Severn / Georgain Bay 2019?
 
Just wondering if there are others headed for the Trent - Severn and/or Georgian Bay for the 2019 Season?

there are at least a couple of us headed that way and wondering if others want to connect to swap / share info & plans and maybe connect along the way.
I am NOT interested in or trying to organize a flotilla as that gets rather complicated IMHO... just willing to network and share info and think it would be fun to connect at one or more places along the way.
Anyone interested chime in and we will maybe swap contact info re PM and share plans & info.
Loopers including the T-S in their itinerary? or other cruiser welcome.
If interested - have you ordered your TF Burgee?? FYI they are selling fast and may be on our second order soon.

Norlund 02-04-2019 08:32 PM

Our home base is Bay Port in Midland. Plan for this summer is to visit the North Chanel again (we were there 2 years ago - last week of August/first week of September). We travelled up and back via the small craft channel, stopping at different marinas and anchorages whn we could. A 3-week trip.

Last year we went across Georgian Bay and then north as far as Tobermory. This was a 2 week trip.

And we do shorter trips also - often during the week since we're retirees!


2006 Mainship Pilot 34 Hardtop
Norlund

Bacchus 02-10-2019 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norlund (Post 737811)
Our home base is Bay Port in Midland. Plan for this summer is to visit the North Chanel again (we were there 2 years ago - last week of August/first week of September). We travelled up and back via the small craft channel, stopping at different marinas and anchorages whn we could. A 3-week trip.

Last year we went across Georgian Bay and then north as far as Tobermory. This was a 2 week trip.

And we do shorter trips also - often during the week since we're retirees!


2006 Mainship Pilot 34 Hardtop
Norlund

We will likely be headed back towards NY by mid Aug so will miss you.
We do plan to spend a week at Honey Hbr S Bay Cove Marina early July if interested in connecting then?
Any must see / do or highly recommended Anchorages or marinas along the SCR?

Norlund 02-10-2019 05:40 PM

Baccus - would like to meet and chat over a glass of red wine!

We can come up to the Honey Harbour Marina, or we could both cruise northward and anchor out somewhere along the small craft channel - lots of places to chose from. To avoid the weekenders during the week is best.

Will you be updating your website as you proceed along the Trent Canal?


Norlund

Bacchus 02-10-2019 06:55 PM

Norlund
Thanks for the response.
Would love to get together... either or both options OK w me.
Not sure yet how to document the trip and update friends. I'm not a big fan of advertising were away for 3 mos but would like to do something and provide others a link.
I'll drop you a PM w my contact info.

sum escape 02-11-2019 01:42 PM

We are headed back through the T/S this summer. Plans are to leave Grand Haven Michigan in early June, spend time in North Channel, Georgian Bay, transit from Port Severn to Trenton then the Rideau to Ottawa, over to Sorel and down the Champlain to NY and then points south for the winter.
Here is a link to our travels through the Trent last summer. It may give you some tips.
https://sumescape.blogspot.com/2018/...nt-severn.html
Perhaps we'll see you along the way....safe travels.

Bacchus 02-11-2019 03:43 PM

Sum escape
Thanks for the link will check it out. We have done the TS before so have some good ideas.
Any recommendations for GB appreciated... that will be all new for us.
Your Rideau Lk Champlain trip is a great one - you will enjoy it. Deep Bay, Mallets Bay and Burlington good stops. Reservations a must at Burlington if you want to get a slip vs mooring. Good public transportation to get anywhere in town.
Hope our wakes cross!

sum escape 02-11-2019 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacchus (Post 739909)
Sum escape
Thanks for the link will check it out. We have done the TS before so have some good ideas.
Any recommendations for GB appreciated... that will be all new for us.

Sorry....try these
https://sumescape.blogspot.com/2018/...imney-bay.html
https://sumescape.blogspot.com/2018/...ages-port.html
https://sumescape.blogspot.com/2018/...rs-island.html

Skipper41 02-20-2019 12:02 PM

We will be doing the TSW this year. We will probably be at Trent round the 1st of July. We would be interested in meeting fellow travelers along the way to the Georgian Bay.

Don
Annie, NT 32'

Bacchus 02-21-2019 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skipper41 (Post 742797)
We will be doing the TSW this year. We will probably be at Trent round the 1st of July. We would be interested in meeting fellow travelers along the way to the Georgian Bay.

Don
Annie, NT 32'

Don
Are you planning on back tracking TSW or loop back to Erie?
I think I mentioned before that our rough plans are to stop at Trent Port early June and be roughly at Port Severn by July 1 w plans to spend a week at Honey Hbr before heading N through the GB islands.
I have been working on learning more about GB options but no schedule or itinerary yet.
Hope to connect somewhere along the way.

Skipper41 02-23-2019 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacchus (Post 743034)
Don
Are you planning on back tracking TSW or loop back to Erie?
I think I mentioned before that our rough plans are to stop at Trent Port early June and be roughly at Port Severn by July 1 w plans to spend a week at Honey Hbr before heading N through the GB islands.
I have been working on learning more about GB options but no schedule or itinerary yet.
Hope to connect somewhere along the way.

We will be going on to Lake Erie after the TSW. We plan to travel on the West (South?) side, working our way to Tobermory in a leisurely fashion - arriving around the first of August. You will be way ahead of us, but it would be fun if we could connect at some point. I will be interested in your recommendations on places to visit and to avoid along the way.

Don

Bacchus 02-23-2019 06:24 PM

While we will be ahead of you on our way N our plans are to backtrack. Hope we can connect at some point and will try to post some updates along the way.
I am exploring some options to share info and photos reroute but haven't settled on anything yet.

Cartouche 03-19-2019 03:20 PM

Cartouche will be going up the Rideau Mid July let us know if anyone is traveling that way, we are out of Collins Bay in Kingston, and if anyone feels like stopping on your way by we would love to welcome you to Canada and a very Nice Provision stop, with Best Chandlery right on the bay, even has a dingy dock a day from Trenton, on the North side of Lake Ontario Live Web Cam | Collins Bay Marina

Miz Trom 03-19-2019 04:39 PM

We expect to make it to the TSW sometime this summer. Our schedule is weather dependent, starting out from the west coast of Florida. It would be very cool to meet up with experienced TSW cruisers at some point. :socool:

We have admired your boat and website for several years, Don.

Cheers,
Pea

LaBomba 03-19-2019 10:37 PM

We live a short walk from Lock 32 in Bobcaygeon but boat out of Lake Simcoe. We will be going north at some point to the Killarney area. We also spend a weekend or 2 in Orillia. We invite anyone in our area to get in touch to see if we can't hook up on or off the water.

Ejdakins 03-19-2019 10:45 PM

WOW ! Got that on my bucket list looking forward to navigating the Trent in a couple of years ( Hope its still there )
Have a great time

Bacchus 03-20-2019 09:30 AM

Miz Trom, LaBomba,

Glad to hear there will be a few of us in the area.
I will send a PM w my contact info and update our status & plans as we progress.

Our rough schedule at this point is to be in Trenton for a couple days around the end of 1st wk in June. Spend a couple days in Orillia about 2 wks later and be in Honey Hbr GB the first wk in July before heading N towards Parry Sound and exploring the endless anchorages and highlights along the way.

LaBomba 03-20-2019 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacchus (Post 750100)
Miz Trom, LaBomba,

Glad to hear there will be a few of us in the area.
I will send a PM w my contact info and update our status & plans as we progress.

Our rough schedule at this point is to be in Trenton for a couple days around the end of 1st wk in June. Spend a couple days in Orillia about 2 wks later and be in Honey Hbr GB the first wk in July before heading N towards Parry Sound and exploring the endless anchorages and highlights along the way.

:thumb:Look forward to it! FYI June 22nd weekend is Christmas in June weekend in Orillia and is usually a sold out event and very busy. You may want to either book early or avoid that weekend if noise bother you.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012