Changes to Navionics:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a couple of the iOS apps, I think I paid a small fee for the last version of US & Canada but no subscription. I guess this is going to be a thing of the past?

I could see no good coming of the Garmin acquisition, and no good is happening.

I switched to the new Navionics app (following their prompting), and it is working at least as well as before the switch.

Meh,

It's still a cheap way to get good charts without being tied to a proprietary plotter.

I just upgraded, the Active Captain integration is nice. All my routes and tracks transferred over from the old app automatically.

This is what the Navionics Helpdesk told me when I inquired:

The apps themselves are a one-time purchase for the life of the app, which includes the first year's subscription for chart updates and Advanced Features. After the initial year of purchase, users can continue to use the app as is, without the benefit of updates and Advanced Features. You can find a list of all free features in our online Help article at https://navionics.secure.force.com/...ledge_Article/Mobile-Free-Boating-App-Options.

If a customer has gone through the migration process from Boating HD to Boating on their iOS device, any purchased coverage areas (and their subscription status) will be migrated into the new app. If the customer encounters an issue with their subscriptions not transferring properly, we suggest they contact Navionics through the app by going to Menu > Submit Feedback.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom