Can your restore isinglass? Anyone used Clear View?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adopo

Guru
Vessel Name
Calypso
Vessel Make
1981 Fairchild Scout

CLEAR VIEW® KIT

Hi, new to the forum and just got my first small trawler. Of course it has fogged up isinglass so I google like most folks. Has anyone used this product?

Any other product you might recommend is appreciated. Just for the heck of it, here are the reviews on their sight. Of course you can take these with a grain of salt.

BLOWN AWAY
I cannot recommend this product enough. I bought it at the boat show in Toronto. I had cloudy white spots on my canvas. I thought I was going to have to replace them. This product made them clear again! Saved me ALOT of money. Now I'm going to try the Boat Shine Kit. Hope it is as good.
REVIEW BY STACEY / (POSTED ON 5/7/2018)

WHAT A GREAT PRODUCT
We have a 2001 Carver motor yacht with the original strataglass side curtains. We always used the Imar cleaning product on them but they got foggier each year. After doing some online research I found your Clear View product. At the end of last season I took all the curtains home and began cleaning them in the spring. What an incredible difference.
Yesterday I took all the curtains back down to the boat and hung them and other boat owners were shocked when they heard that most of the curtains were 16 years old.
My only regret is that I did not take before and after pictures.
So happy I did some homework.
REVIEW BY BOB / (POSTED ON 6/1/2017)

INCREDIBLE
Mine where so bad.....yellow, water marks, sticky firm, scratches, and a few fold creases... if this didn't do it, they where going in the trash.
It took 2 applications on the cleaner. I also used a small 6 inch buffer for the application and micro fiber towels for removal. A LOT of elbow grease, but couldn't be happier and would definitely recommend this product!!
REVIEW BY JT / (POSTED ON 11/21/2016)

DOES THE JOB!
We have 8 large Isinglass windows in the canvas of our 1978 Chris Craft. Over the years, I tried and tried to keep them clean and tried several products only to have them get more and more opaque. I tried this product and was so pleasantly surprised that it truly does the job! It was not an easy project, and be prepared to have a work out but your windows will be sparkling when you finish!
REVIEW BY CLUND / (POSTED ON 6/30/2016)

BEST PRODUCT AROUND
This is the best product we've ever had for cleaning our "plastic". It brought ours back to looking almost brand new after nine years of using a spray on we purchased at our marine supply store. We are telling all our "boat" friends about this product.
REVIEW BY MARY / (POSTED ON 4/27/2016)

GREAT!!
Used it on my 25 Sea Ray and saved much money by not having to replace glass.
REVIEW BY CHUCK / (POSTED ON 10/8/2015)

CLEAR VIEW IS FANTASTIC ON STRATAGLASS
I was nervous about using this on my expensive Stataglass windows but my neighbor recommended it highly. It was fantastic how the cleaner stripped away the white fog and the No.2 made it so clear that my windows are invisible. Just be careful that you don't get the cleaner on the dark blue canvas because it leaves a white residue that's hard to get out. I'm going to try your other products to see if they're as good. My neighbor swears by your brand.
REVIEW BY JOHNNY HARRIS / (POSTED ON 6/2/2014)

I'M STILL AMAZED BY THE CLEAR VIEW RESULTS
After all of my previous attempts to clean the damage / stains left by hydraulic fluid on my Strataglass I didn't have much hope that your Clear View would actually help. I took it to my boat this past weekend and started working on the most severely damaged window. It took some elbow grease, but I'm completely astonished and delighted to report that the window now looks almost as good as new. The Clear View completely removed the stains left by the hydraulic fluid as well as some hard water stains that I had not been able to remove with any other product. It took two applications on the worst window and only one application on the rest of the boat. It took more work than any other product I've tried, but the results speak for themselves. It was well worth the effort. I'm still amazed by the Clear View results. I've tried lots of boating products for various things over the years and to be honest, none of them have REALLY worked completely as advertised. NONE of them have worked BETTER than advertised.....until now. Thanks again for the great product.

REVIEW BY GARRY DIXON / (POSTED ON 4/14/2014)

I WAS VERY HAPPY WITH THE RESULTS!
I applied Clear View to two windows on our Gemini and needless to say I was VERY happy with the results!
REVIEW BY DENNIS / (POSTED ON 5/29/2013)

Well more googling, looks like there is mixed results, and not free lunch.

1.0 out of 5 stars

Way Overpriced For 8 Ounces
May 11, 2017
Verified Purchase

Terribly overpriced for the small quantity you receive. Both containers are 120 ml which is 4.06 US ounces which works out to approximately $7.75 per ounce. The Clear View #1 (Cleaner) had a seal but #2 (Protector) bottle did not. Bottle 1 is a paste while Bottle 2 is a clear liquid. My Bottle 2 certainly wasn't full although there was no sign of any leakage in the package.

Really difficult for me to assess how effective it is as we cleaned our pontoon boat windscreens with warm, soapy water first. I didn't do the side or rear windows as I wanted to save what was left for future use.

Blake

5.0 out of 5 starsAmazing this product works Excellently
May 28, 2017
Verified Purchase
Amazing

richard keefer
1.0 out of 5 starsFollowed instructions results were disappointing
February 22, 2016
Verified Purchase

Followed instructions results were disappointing
One person found this helpful

Lemon Pledge. All the planes I ever flew with plastic windows, we all used Lemon Pledge. Window doesn't even need top be dry. Nice soft cloths are best but I used paper towel almost exclusively.

I have used my cokpit blankets refurbishment of windows and UV protection Star brite products and more boat vuoaia and I am satisfied. Deep scratches can not be removed with any chemical, but they become brighter and the material "softens" like a new window. The salt water spray naturally changes the windows while gray but easier to rinse the fresh water and again bright.

I'm thinking of any fluent liquid wax could work exaples(http://www.starbrite.com/item/premium-marine-polish-with-ptef?category_id=561), but I have not yet tried it. You can work careful not to leave wax/ or chemicals traces of fabric materials, so tape the edges or not accurate you a hand job or a polishing machine.

my star brite product
Step 1 Clear Plastic Restorer - Step 1

Step 2 Plastic Polish Restorer - Step 2

NBs

Last edited:
Clear to See, has worked for me on some fairly poor plastic to restore it.

Clear to See, has worked for me on some fairly poor plastic to restore it.

Are you sure about the name? Could it be Clear-View instead? Google comes up with nothing for “clear to see”.

I haven't used this product, but know a few people that say it's the best. I think it's one of the newer products on the market, too.

EisenShine -

I use 210 by Sumner. It is amazing. I can do my flybridge and sundeck enclosures inside and outside in under an hour.

Lemon Pledge. All the planes I ever flew with plastic windows, we all used Lemon Pledge. Window doesn't even need top be dry. Nice soft cloths are best but I used paper towel almost exclusively.

Hmm, really? Just checking, I known I've heard this years ago, forget about Plexis (Airplane windows) and use pledge. Then I have read other sights that saw it can harm the plastic?

Thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom