New improved burgee logo poll, please read below before voting!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pick a TF Logo, Multiple choices allowed.

• Logo 1

Votes: 39 41.9%
  • Logo 2

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Logo 3

Votes: 44 47.3%
  • Logo 4

Votes: 14 15.1%
  • Logo 5

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Logo 6

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Logo 7

Votes: 11 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

firstbase

Guru
Vessel Name
Black Eyed Susan
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 42' Classic
Here you go! Vote on your favorites. We will go from there. Let the likes/dislikes, insults, grumpy comments and RT Firefly memes begin!!

BURGEE POLL INSTRUCTIONS:

a. Poll is for a TF burgee logo only. Burgee shape, colors, logo placement will be decided later. If we do this right I can be working this project on Valentines Day 2019.

b. Only votes entered in the poll count. Do not vote by adding a post to the thread. Too confusing and….I know some of you. Double voters if I ever saw one (yes, you sneaky group know who you are). For goodness sake is NOTHING sacred?!?! You should move to Florida where that is acceptable according to local election officials. Use a computer that allows you to vote in the poll. TF app on cellphone/tablet may not work. Sorry.

c. Just as in a Florida political election you may vote for more than one logo. Whether you know you did or not.

d. Do not be fooled by my poor use of Photoshop, uneven lines, pixilation, etc. The final version to be used will not be one of my Picasso or Salvador Dali’s but a Norman Rockwell.

e. Logo 5, 6, and 7 are concepts and shown on a basic burgee shape for context only. If one is chosen then shape, colors, placement will be chosen later.

f. Top 2 will move to a final poll. Hey, this is serious stuff. ?

Attachments

• LOGO PICS CAPTURE.JPG
    LOGO PICS CAPTURE.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 183
Hal,
Thanks for all you do.
As much as I like #3, I voted for #1. Mainly because after checking out pricing, it appears as though the cost for making #3 would almost be double the cost. I might be wrong but that’s what I found. I suspect if the cost get’s too high, we may lose interest.
Cheers

Hal,
Thanks for all you do.
As much as I like #3, I voted for #1. Mainly because after checking out pricing, it appears as though the cost for making #3 would almost be double the cost. I might be wrong but that’s what I found. I suspect if the cost get’s too high, we may lose interest.
Cheers

That is exactly why I designed it that way as it can be printed single sided and still be right reading on both sides..........:thumb:

I think it was the second day in Spain the Exec. Committee decided to forget the double and single sided bit for now. Actually alcohol was flowing so it may be that we forgot what we decided on it. Not quite sure. Now that we are all back in the States I am going to visit a local vendor, maybe two, with some print outs and see what they say. When I ordered my personal one unrelated to this exercise it wasn't double the cost for two sided. More, but not double. I am sure it will vary vendor to vendor or would think so. I will post and let everyone know what I find out. By the way, did you guys know that Bacchus dances a mean tango??? Yes indeed....

I think it was the second day in Spain the Exec. Committee decided to forget the double and single sided bit for now. Actually alcohol was flowing so it may be that we forgot what we decided on it. Not quite sure...
By the way, did you guys know that Bacchus dances a mean tango??? Yes indeed....

If you don't have pics it didn't happen! :angel:
Maybe it was just the alcohol and you thought you saw something??? :confused:

Oh I saw something alright...it was you...dancing the Tango.....with WAYFARER. It was all in good fun though. I think.

Once it's decided, tell he how to order.

Hal,
Thanks for all you do.
Cheers

I doubt that burgee cost will get so high that it changes what any of us have for dinner. :ermm: :socool:

I chose #3! Cheers!! :thumb: :D

Oh I saw something alright...it was you...dancing the Tango.....with WAYFARER. It was all in good fun though. I think.

Oh man, you guys must have rufied me. I don’t remember that...

Regarding my post # 9... I should have also said... I chose #3 burgee anchor design with darer T and F to sides of anchor shaft.

Yes.. there is something off about the spacing of #3. I have been trying to figure it out. Maybe the T and F need to be closer to the shaft and the anchor beefed up? I love the strength of #1's anchor. Maybe a combination of #1's anchor and #3's lettering?

Good inputs...
As firstbase stated this is to choose a basic logo. There will be room to fine tune it once we have one or two clear leaders.
Vote for the one ypu prefer even if it could use a little improvement.

Yes, those are easy fixes and changes. Dealing with the &$)& skinny anchor is the hard one for various reasons.

:hello:

Attachments

• h.jpg
    h.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 41
I didn’t vote out of respect. I currently run my yacht club burgee and won’t be running a TF burgee. I liked 1 & 7 but think those who are buying should get the final say.

I didn’t vote out of respect. I currently run my yacht club burgee and won’t be running a TF burgee. I liked 1 & 7 but think those who are buying should get the final say.

You should be in the market to obtain multiple flag hoists. :)

I voted for #1 but hope we get color choice later. The South Louisiana sun will bleach that yellow out in a week. Thanks for doing this.

I voted for #1 but hope we get color choice later. The South Louisiana sun will bleach that yellow out in a week. Thanks for doing this.

I'm trying to make this my hobby through Valentines Day 2019 so ..get the chance for a color choice? Absolutely. And logo size and placement, trim color, type of thread, color of thread......oh the possibilities are ENDLESS. :)

Poll closes just before midnight this evening so come one come all, get your vote in!

Attachments

• floriduh.jpg
    floriduh.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 31
Yea! Choice # 3 is still ahead!!

Says it's closed. I think I voted.... and I probably voted for #3......

Oops. Sorry. I had my 12's and my PM and my days mixed up.

Please, let it be over. Tell me where to send the funds.

Please, let it be over. Tell me where to send the funds.

I know right? Can't believe it is taking this long what with all of your assistance and hel..oh. Sorry. My bad. You aren't assisting or helping. Since you are now volunteering would you like to do the final art work, post the polls, talk to flag vendors to see what's available, work out a way for everyone to order and pay? Which one are you going to be picking up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom