Best NOAA marine weather app?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PMF1984

Guru
Vessel Name
Wanderer
Vessel Make
Pilgrim 40
Folks,

If I want to avoid the web browser, any ideas on a good app that has the NOAA forecasts?

John

Folks,

If I want to avoid the web browser, any ideas on a good app that has the NOAA forecasts?

John

Marine weather forecast pro
NOAA 5-day Marine forecast

I also use windy, PredictWind, and wind alert most of the time to get wind/wave conditions.

IMG_0722.jpg

Hi John -
Are you talking about when unable to listen to the NOAA WX broadcasts. Here locally, I just keep my handheld VHF on my den desk and listen to our local area forecasts before heading down to the harbor. Also have an app on my tablet called Radar Express I've found very useful (from Google Play).
Joe
PS: Serena staying in Michigan one more winter; too many unfinished projects. Hope to be heading this way by April/May.

For a good radar view I personally like the accuweather app. Has a good current and shows a lot needed. If you are in data coverage it's good to have. Has saved my tail a few times when I was out.

So looking around what I was looking for doesn’t exist. I’ll just use my browser to get the NOAA marine forecast. For apps I have PredictWind, Windy, tides4fishing, swellinfo ( just got that one), and Weather. Nobody really predicts the future, Burke these help in making decisions. I’ll give radar express a try.

I use "MarineWeather" by AccuWeather. This includes real-time satellite images, Radar images and the forecast zones for several days out. This includes the exact same forecast zones that they broadcast on the WX channels on VHF?

My wife uses Windy for wind direction. I use WeatherUnderground for weather forecasts.

I use "MarineWeather" by AccuWeather. This includes real-time satellite images, Radar images and the forecast zones for several days out. This includes the exact same forecast zones that they broadcast on the WX channels on VHF?

I also use Marine Weather. Seems as accurate as anything else I've found.

Crusty and ASD would use 2 or 3 weather apps to compare, Windy, NOAA, Environment Canada, Predict Wind and others. Windy seem to be the most accurate for cruising the PNW.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom