Steel Hull Survey Deltaville, VA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stillwater

Vessel Name
Capt. Hyler
Vessel Make
Higgins Coastal Cargo Tug
Recommendations for good steel hull surveyor or good steel hull inspector (technical) in the Deltaville, VA area? 20 meter cargo tug would like a good hard look at bottom. Suggestions?

Note: I can do some survey work and have found some significant wastage in some areas. Reason for experienced steel man is to find things maybe I did not while she is still on the hard.

Thank you in advance for your time.

I can't help you but I will be looking for the same thing shortly, please let us know what you find.

I have a 55' steel DeFever built in 1978, I bought it in New Orleans 6 years ago, I had a guy down there do the survey for my insurance. My boat had too much fairing compound so they had to grind several hundred spots down to metal, costly and time consuming.

Location tends to be kind of a big deal. Where is the vessel located?

These guys did a friends 89' steel hull in Deltaville, July, 2017. They used a handheld ultrasonic thickness meter. They came recommended by the yard.

B.J. Marine Inspection Services
268 Northumberland Hwy, Callao, VA 22435

Phone: (804) 241-5269

Maybe Atlantic metals in Topping could help. Otherwise ,I guess Norfolk would be your best bet. Nothing but steel-boat shipyards there ,so finding a surveyor should be easy.
Is this vessel the Antipoison Creek?

I don't know if anyone else is having trouble running the forum today but when I change a page or try to reply the redirect loads up the cookies and fails page load. I think there be a glitch in the software.

Thanks for everyone's replies...looking into some of them.

The location is Deltaville Boatyard and I've got Kelly checking the local area for me.

Just got him on the phone...he was doing some FEMA work in Texas had a pretty bad car accident. He is recovering now and may be able to help. Thanks for the tip! We are in communication now.

Don't know details but the NAS did work on private aircraft. Work on vessels might not be out of the question. Norfolk might be worth a look.

I've sent for an estimate and in the meantime received a reply from Kelly at Deltaboatyard and another lead to call. Making progress. Thanks for all the replies!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom