Trawler Forum

Trawler Forum (http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/)
-   Boats | For Sale & Wanted (http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s9/)
-   -   Wanted: SF Bay Area Trawler or Cruiser (http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s9/sf-bay-area-trawler-cruiser-40747.html)

Eddie P 09-30-2018 12:12 PM

SF Bay Area Trawler or Cruiser

I have been looking for a few months and have seen several good candidates. I've had a few issues with brokers being flaky though and have wasted some time and missed at least one boat I was very interesting in buying due to no call backs, cancelled appointment to view, etc.

So how about I hear it directly from the owners?

Anyone here have a trawler or cruiser they are looking to sell in the San Francisco Bay area that meets the following general conditions?

1 - Not a project boat. Should be in excellent structural and mechanical condition. Normal wear and tear expected.
2 - I might actually be in the market for a cruiser more than a trawler. I seem to gravitate to something like a Bayliner 3388 if I'm looking at something other than a trawler
3 - 30-35 foot ideal
4 - Two sleeping areas preferred, but one is OK for the smaller sizes
5 - Functional Head and Shower mandatory
6 - Gas ok but Diesel preferred
7 - Price dependent on valuation of course but a good record of maintenance and operational use (owner TLC) is a plus because that projects a more "known quantity" to me when evaluating the condition of the boat, it's stamina and the quality of maintenance.

Thanks to all!

FlyWright 09-30-2018 02:37 PM

SoCal, not NorCal, but she's available. Getting her to the SF Bay should be the fun part.

https://www.californiayachtsales.com...nian/lrc/1215/

Bacchus 09-30-2018 02:52 PM

Eddie
Have you looked at the TF Classifieds.
I see a couple west coast possibilities depending on your budget and interests.

Adopo 10-09-2018 10:32 PM

If you like classics there is a great looking I think 1966 38 Chris Craft Commander and reasonably priced with birth at Emeryville. Look on craigslist. I love the originality of this boat.

Adopo 10-09-2018 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyWright (Post 702810)
SoCal, not NorCal, but she's available. Getting her to the SF Bay should be the fun part.

https://www.californiayachtsales.com...nian/lrc/1215/

Hey thanks for posting this. Headed to Santa Barbara then Long Beach to see a Scout, SD to see a Fairchild Scout and staying at the San Diego Marquis, pictured on the brokers website. Already see a few boats I'd like to inspect on their site!

helm 10-09-2018 10:52 PM

If you are looking for a boat on the Bay or Delta, or even SoCal try Marc Bay at Bay Yachts. He is by far the best broker I have met even though he was representing the seller when we bought our Lindell 36.
Cheers
Eric

Eddie P 10-13-2018 04:45 PM

Thanks for the suggestion to speak with Marc. I spoke with Kenn at BY but have not viewed anything from BY. I will call Marc and have a chat. I’ve created a pre survey list of questions that, if the answers seem promising, will lead to a visit. I’ve called about many, considered fewer and seen a hand full so far. On the visits I am trying to get several more detailed questions answered with photos. Only then I can know it may be worth progressing onward. It's pretty easy to forget about a boat then list it... but it's harder to find a boat that is operated relatively regularly, cared for, with a little TLC put into it over the years.

JOY-SEA 10-19-2018 05:57 PM

I own a Regal Commodore beautiful boat. 30 Ft of luxury , Year 2004 .

Many factors too consider . Larger cruisers have Twin engines , expect too get a gallon per mile fuel burn .
Diesels will get better mileage but still will burn fuel . Diesel engines hardy
In my area Space Coast of Fl , a big boating community
Mechanics don't want too mess with gas engines . OB or diesel
Modern cruisers have two engines, generator, packed so tight into engine room almost impossible too preform simple engine work . In my case almost easier too remove an engine then too work on them in boat . ( insane )
IF your a person that does own work this is a concern
If you get a larger trailer boat you have too have a truck that can handle

If you plan on using seldom no big deal . In my case I am retired and use often .
I don't travel 25 miles too fishing grounds . I stay local off shore or in channel , Fuel burn is a concern .
Leaving at a marina . My marina offers what few offer , I am an in/out customer . They launch , offer courtesy slips so I can stay aboard few nights . When I go home they haul put into cradle in yard were I can clean, flush , cover . Twin IO get destroyed in salt water here in FL
This year I had too have engines rebuilt and purchased long blocks . Dealers offering crate only , I had too trailer 200 miles too a engine rebuilder too pull, replace , install
Nobody local would touch .
I am planning on listing boat selling possibly purchasing a trawler . Not sure

Lots of crap for sale . Good boats are in short supply especially in areas that suffered recent storms

jadewar 11-07-2018 12:30 PM

Vashon Pocket Trawler

You might want to look at my ad in Trawler Forum for my Vashon Pocket Trawler. A lot of sea-worthy boat that's very inexpensive to operate and maintain.
Jim