Greetings, everyone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hayesdvm

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Just One Look
Vessel Make
Back Cove 41, Boston Whaler Montauk 210
Hello, everyone! I am new to the forum, but enjoy reading many of the threads as I look forward one day to moving up to a bigger boat. So, a bit about me. I live in eastern NC and have been going to the coast since I was a little boy. My dad would take us to Harker's Island for a week of fishing for flounder or whatever else edible we could catch out of our 15 foot Galaxy. As we would motor around inside the hook, I would admire all the boats gathered for the 4th of July holiday and I decided that one day I wanted to own a boat that I could go out and live on.

I have always also had a desire to travel the ICW up and down the east coast, and that has only been fueled by reading about the Loop, and wow wouldn't that be awesome. I would say that my wife isn't sure she shares my desires to do this, but I am hopeful that if I find the right boat, perhaps she will see the light. Either that or I might have to do some of this single handed...and that would be a shame.

So, currently we have a Boston Whaler Montauk 210, which is nice boat for the waters around Morehead City/Beaufort/Cape Lookout. I have read about many boats and certainly have read much advice to charter first....which is certainly reasonable on many levels. We are going to Baltimore this weekend for Trawlerfest, which I hope will help my wife get a bit more excited/accepting of the idea of cruising. We will see.

Cheers!
Mark

Welcome! My wife was less excited about being with me throughout the bigger boat experience when she thought she would be the deckhand, head cook and bottle washer, and boat maid. Talk to her about what she'd like to do on the boat, let her be what she wants to be, and include her in the training you'll both need to be confident at it.

Good luck with your search for one of those boats you picked out in your youth and with the journey that follows.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom