Is anyone using Maretron Cloud Services

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arthurc

Guru
Vessel Name
Sea Bear
Vessel Make
Kadey-Krogen 54
Curious on experiences, I have an advanced n2k network but currently only have a camera pointed at a Maretron display as my way to check on the boat.

I'm not sure if they have changed it, but when I first looked, they just logged everything from the N2K bus to their server. That was too much data for my data plans, so I never signed up. However I recall talking to them and there was a change coming where you could select what to log to the cloud rather than logging everything. That would be better on data, but you need to know a priori what to log.

I've instead used remote access to the computer running N2KView. I get alarms for various issues, and can check in as needed with remote access.

I installed a SMS100 that gives me basic but vital info. I’ve not as yet set up my alerts but look forward to having that part up and running.

I was able to get CanBoat working and am just writing my own app in Python which logs to influxDB then ships the data in batches to AWS. Also setup a python script which looks at all the live data and texts me if any critical alerts come up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom