2001 32 nordic tug

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LAWDEDAW

Vessel Name
LAW-DE-DAW II
Vessel Make
Nordic Tug 32
Just discovered a grey water tank and have no idea how to empty it without manually pumping it out. Is there a pump or thru hull located somewhere. The previous owner didn't know that the tank existed and has no idea how to empty it. Help!

Just discovered a grey water tank and have no idea how to empty it without manually pumping it out. Is there a pump or thru hull located somewhere. The previous owner didn't know that the tank existed and has no idea how to empty it. Help!

Did the PO use the sink/shower etc?

Unless a older NT32 owner knows... I’m really surprised that there even IS a gray water tank on a NT32. My only suggestion would be to access the tank and trace hoses. If there is a tank, there must be a pump out access or an overboard pump. It could be so that if you are in a marina that forbids gray water discharge you can hold it and then discharge it when back in regular waters. There will be a hose connected to the tank somewhere that either runs to the deck for a pump out or out to a thru-hull.

We have an OEM grey water tank(with screwed on removable top panel), it collects from shower, washbasin, and sink. It has a bilge type pump with auto flipper switch mounted within, auto or manually activated.

Check the switchboard, if you have one there should be a switch and breaker. Alternatively, check the inflow/outflow fittings and hoses. You found the tank, that was the hard part.

Hi,

My NT 37 gray water tank / pump and pipes are under the hatch in front of the toilet door. True Hull is an midel S-side pilot house door at about 1 feet up the water line.

NBs

Did the PO use the sink/shower etc?

Unless a older NT32 owner knows... I’m really surprised that there even IS a gray water tank on a NT32. My only suggestion would be to access the tank and trace hoses. If there is a tank, there must be a pump out access or an overboard pump. It could be so that if you are in a marina that forbids gray water discharge you can hold it and then discharge it when back in regular waters. There will be a hose connected to the tank somewhere that either runs to the deck for a pump out or out to a thru-hull.

We have searched everywhere! Still manually pumping and pumping and pumping the tank. Shower, head sink and galley sink all pump out to thru hulls. No switch anywhere to activate a pump.

Confused

I'm a little confused, how do you know it is a grey water tank if none of the grey water drains are hooked to it?

I'm a little confused, how do you know it is a grey water tank if none of the grey water drains are hooked to it?

+1

Are you sure it is a graywater tank and not just a gray, water tank?

Some boats will have a tank just to hold grey water from a shower.

The shower pan is to low in the boat to gravity drain overboard .

We have searched everywhere! Still manually pumping and pumping and pumping the tank. Shower, head sink and galley sink all pump out to thru hulls. No switch anywhere to activate a pump.

Hi, you can asking your broblem Nordic tug after sale person
davea(@)nordictugs.com.

You need your NT model and serial number (NT32-150 exaples)

NBs:socool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom