latest first?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy G

Hospitality Officer
Vessel Name
Sarawana
Vessel Make
IG 36 Quad Cabin
Hi Guys,

When logging on to a topic that has been running for a while, we are always directed to the first page of the post.

Is it possible to open at the newest page, instead of the oldest. I am a keen skier,*and the snow forum I frequent* does this, and it works quite well.*The forum*directs you to the most up to date replies immediately, rather than starting at the*oldest post.*

Just a thought.

shrimp wrote:
Is it possible to open at the newest page, instead of the oldest.
*Andy:

Scroll all the way down on any page & look at the bottom right corner the page There's a box that you can click on and it will perform as you have described.

-- Edited by SeaHorse II on Thursday 4th of August 2011 09:48:55 PM

Not quite, the post still opens in the oldest format as the default option.Not really a big problem though.

Perhaps the oldest/newest button could be at the top of the post rather than the bottom.

shrimp wrote:Perhaps the oldest/newest button could be at the top of the post rather than the bottom.
* * * ** It's at the bottom right on my screen.

******* Look at the bottom right corner of this attachment.

-- Edited by SeaHorse II on Friday 5th of August 2011 11:21:15 PM

Attachments

• newest first.jpg
    newest first.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 93
"Not quite, the post still opens in the oldest format as the default option.Not really a big problem though.

Perhaps the oldest/newest button could be at the top of the post rather than the bottom."

Sorry, should have read. Perhaps the oldest/newest button could be put at the top of the screen.

Click "user details" on the blue bar right under the photo of the boats, then click "settings". You can change all types of preferences, including how the posts display.

Thanks, Keith! I learned something today. Incidentally, there are no boats in a banner when signing into the Forum on my computer. (???)

Lucky you, I wish I could get rid of them since they take up half the screen. It's a picture of 4 boats rafted up with the moniker "TrawlerForum.com".

Well live and learn, thanks Keith.

Keith wrote:
Lucky you, I wish I could get rid of them since they take up half the screen. It's a picture of 4 boats rafted up with the moniker "TrawlerForum.com".
The problem is that the banner is still there but it is blank, no picture.*

Back
Top Bottom