Display for XM weather

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seevee

Guru
Vessel Make
430 Mainship
All,

Can anyone of you pilot/boaters tell me a good unit to display marine XM weather and the aviation XM products?

I've got the 396 for Aviation which is ok, but not stellar, but switched to the coastal marine to get weather and bouys when no internet service, but the 396 won't display the marine products.

Also, I have the Simrad displays, perhaps there's a simple XM receiver that will talk to it.

Only need the marine wx until I get back to FL where there's plenty of internet and I'll switch the XM back to aviation.

Thoughts?

I don't think there is an inexpensive way to do it. Each of the marine electronics companies has a proprietary XM receiver that integrates with their MFD. The prices are typically more than $500.

Tom

What’s does XM say?

Don't know, left a few messages, they are a pain to deal with. Took over an hour just to switch subscriptions, and they constantly screw up the bill (fortunately usually in my favor!).

I don't think there is an inexpensive way to do it. Each of the marine electronics companies has a proprietary XM receiver that integrates with their MFD. The prices are typically more than $500.

Tom

Tom,

I'd expect a reasonably nice display to be north of $500. Heck the 396 was in the $1500 range.

Back
Top Bottom