week on the california delta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pineapple Girl

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
Pineapple Girl 3
Vessel Make
Silverton 38c
we took off last week for a trip on the CA delta.* We'd already taken the boat there from our home port (8 hour trip) fourth of July weekend.** We spent the first few days harbor hopping with some friends who "don't do" anchoring out and the last few days with some freinds who "don't do" harbor hopping.* All in all we preferred the anchoring out part...

1)*friend ahead of us going through the hwy 12 / mokelumne river swing bridge, headed from Willlow Berm Marina to Oxbow marina.*

2) Matt cooling off at Oxbow

3) along the Georgiana slough between willow berm and oxbow

4) entrance to oxbow.*

5) passing Tower park on little connection slough on our way from oxbow to threeriver reach to anchor out

6) hmmm

7) cable ferry

8) the three boats at three river reach.* We are on the left :) the boat we sailed on to hawaii in 2010 is in the middle and the boat my husband sailed on to Hawaii in 2008*on the right.*

9) our friend's new toy

10) Matt trying to help our friend's get their anchor out of the mud so they can go home.* We stayed an extra night after the sail boats left.

-- Edited by Pineapple Girl on Friday 5th of August 2011 05:33:30 PM

Attachments

• delta 168.jpg
    delta 168.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 95
  • delta 124.jpg
    delta 124.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 101
  • delta 074.jpg
    delta 074.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 93
  • delta 046.jpg
    delta 046.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 93
  • delta 045.jpg
    delta 045.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 82
  • delta 043.jpg
    delta 043.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 90
  • delta 035.jpg
    delta 035.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 90
  • delta 033.jpg
    delta 033.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 92
  • delta 040.jpg
    delta 040.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 91
  • delta 030.jpg
    delta 030.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 90
threeriver reach is right off the Stockton deep water channel / San Joaquin River.*

1) Every once in awhile we'd look up and there'd be a freighter.*

2)*We also had a plane fly along the river pretty low.*

3) this guy sailed by Saturday afternoon.

4) Our friend's left us their "fun island" when they left.* We sat in this Saturday afternoon and got majorly sunburned...

5) Matt tried to waterski (before the other people left with their ski boat) but mostly we just hung around, read and did a whole lot a not much.

Attachments

• delta 188.jpg
    delta 188.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 94
  • delta 179.jpg
    delta 179.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 82
  • delta 178.jpg
    delta 178.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 83
  • delta 180.jpg
    delta 180.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 81
  • delta 080.jpg
    delta 080.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 73
Jennifer:

I'm with you on the "anchoring out" vs "Harbour hopping".* Up here in the NW we hit the harbour (sorry ... I've been schooled to spell it with the "u") when we absolutely need fuel, water, groceries, and BEER* ...* otherwise, drop the hook, drop the kayak in, and go have a nice chat with the duckies.

" ... did a whole lot a not much."

Last time I checked my pulse, this is the only way to go.

Thanks for the nice pics of your boating week.

OS

Very nicely done!* I have lived in California for 15 years and have never seen the Delta. Looks like it's something I have to do.

PG,

There's a bridge north of La Conner in Washington State that is a near dupe of your 1st pic. I like the IO "toy" and the palm trees. In the last pic it looks like that Bruce anchor had too much holding power. Better get one of those.

I love the Delta, Its My back yard. One of the only places you can go in the bay area, and get away from people. Where is your home port? I saw you said an 8 hour trip. I will Be moving my new boat from Oyster point, to the delta, after I have made the boat ship shape.

berniesouthunting wrote:
I love the Delta, Its My back yard. One of the only places you can go in the bay area, and get away from people. Where is your home port? I saw you said an 8 hour trip. I will Be moving my new boat from Oyster point, to the delta, after I have made the boat ship shape.

Bernie we are normally at Coyote Point. We rode a nice flood all the way.

Back
Top Bottom