Hardtop parts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Martin J

Guru
Vessel Name
Artemis
Vessel Make
Cheoy Lee 67
Hi

I hopefully will have a new boat after survey and sea trials next week to replace my Cheoy Lee tragically lost down the islands in Hurricane Irma.

As you can see my avatar shows the last hardtop I built on the Cheoy lee to carry my 1kw of solar panels.

The new boat has a pretty good 15ft long bimini / screens etc. However no where to put solar panels.

Around 18 months ago I came across a site on line that sold all the parts to manufacture your own hardtop frame (not w,elded) all in aluminium up to 3" diameter tube I recall. Everything from bases, to90's , slow bends, inside plugs to join tube as well as outside collars etc. They also had tube etc all at reasonable prices etc.

Now the tragic bit after days of trawling the internet , no way can I find this site again. I will now need to make a frame over the bimini to carry the new solar panels when I take over the boat etc.

Anyone ever come across a site like this? These were high end anodised fittings and tube etc. Not Hollander industrial fittings etc.

If your logged into Google on chrome you can search your Web history by day and subject

Tried that, but not much history as Chrome has crashed numerous times over the last 12 months and very little history. Been using bing and not found a way of searching it.

I have been searching for possible sources to pre plan what I might need to do if we purchase a boat without a hardtop. I came across this one today; there is a Defever for sale in my neck of the woods that appears to have one from this source, but I haven't made it down to look at it yet...

Home | Hard To Top

Hope this helps.

Hi

I hopefully will have a new boat after survey and sea trials next week to replace my Cheoy Lee tragically lost down the islands in Hurricane Irma.

As you can see my avatar shows the last hardtop I built on the Cheoy lee to carry my 1kw of solar panels.

The new boat has a pretty good 15ft long bimini / screens etc. However no where to put solar panels.

Around 18 months ago I came across a site on line that sold all the parts to manufacture your own hardtop frame (not w,elded) all in aluminium up to 3" diameter tube I recall. Everything from bases, to90's , slow bends, inside plugs to join tube as well as outside collars etc. They also had tube etc all at reasonable prices etc.

Now the tragic bit after days of trawling the internet , no way can I find this site again. I will now need to make a frame over the bimini to carry the new solar panels when I take over the boat etc.

Anyone ever come across a site like this? These were high end anodised fittings and tube etc. Not Hollander industrial fittings etc.

These guys offer modular aluminum hard top assemblies:

https://www.atkinshoyle.com/boat-hardtops.html

http://www.hardtotop.com/

http://www.atlantictowers.com/products_tiab.php

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom