Trawler Forum

Trawler Forum (http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s3/)
-   -   First Yacht Services - Vancouver (http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s3/first-yacht-services-vancouver-38630.html)

AlaskaProf 05-25-2018 07:48 PM

First Yacht Services - Vancouver
 
My beloved Wallas diesel cookstove packed it in yesterday (another thing I didnt think to service before setting out for the Great White North). Online inquiry says First Yachts in North Van. I called at 0800 and for the first time in my boat-owning experience (airplanes too, for that matter) had a mechanic say, "I have the parts, how soon can you be here?"

Disassembled, cleaned, repaired by noon. $300 Canadian; I can't say enough good about these guys, and especially Adam.

'Prof

MurrayM 05-25-2018 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlaskaProf (Post 666287)
My beloved Wallas diesel cookstove packed it in yesterday (another thing I didnt think to service before setting out for the Great White North). Online inquiry says First Yachts in North Van. I called at 0800 and for the first time in my boat-owning experience (airplanes too, for that matter) had a mechanic say, "I have the parts, how soon can you be here?"

Disassembled, cleaned, repaired by noon. $300 Canadian; I can't say enough good about these guys, and especially Adam.

'Prof

Welcome to the altruistic side of the border ;)

AlaskaProf 05-25-2018 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MurrayM (Post 666292)
Welcome to the altruistic side of the border ;)

OH CANADA!

Im at the Rowing Club tonight. Oop gotta run, bar just opened.

MurrayM 05-25-2018 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlaskaProf (Post 666294)
OH CANADA!

Im at the Rowing Club tonight. Oop gotta run, bar just opened.

Might I suggest Sleeman's Honey Brown as a beer...used to be my favourite back in my drinking days :thumb:

Benthic2 05-25-2018 08:30 PM

Way back in the day.....when Canada became its own country the had to pick a name for it....so they threw a bunch of letters into a hat.....and had someone pick out the letters......So the first letter drawn is a "C".....so the master of cerominies says: "C....eh ?". The next letter draw is an "N"...so he says: "N...eh ? "......then they drew a D, and called themselves CANADA!

BandB 05-25-2018 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MurrayM (Post 666292)
Welcome to the altruistic side of the border ;)

Wifey B: Dwane Casey certainly had kind words for Toronto. A lot to think about. I think Canadians have a right to be proud. :)

MurrayM 05-25-2018 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benthic2 (Post 666298)
Way back in the day.....when Canada became its own country the had to pick a name for it....so they threw a bunch of letters into a hat.....and had someone pick out the letters......So the first letter drawn is a "C".....so the master of cerominies says: "C....eh ?". The next letter draw is an "N"...so he says: "N...eh ? "......then they drew a D, and called themselves CANADA!

Hey! I've told that joke as well :D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012