Trawler Forum

Trawler Forum (http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/)
-   Dinghys and Smaller Boats (http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s20/)
-   -   I'm excited for my new Chinese dinghy!! LOL! (http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s20/im-excited-my-new-chinese-dinghy-lol-38006.html)

South of Heaven 04-16-2018 09:30 PM

I'm excited for my new Chinese dinghy!! LOL!

1 Attachment(s)
After going back and forth between what to buy (composite vs inflatable) I finally went the fully composite route....

It's a 7.5' long, polymer, 2 person rowing dinghy. The best part is that it's only 50 lbs and $700!

I wanted something small and something that was easily manageable while solo. This boat fits the bill. It's also perfect for my engine. I have a Torqueedo 1003 outboard.

Can't wait to mount the davits and try it next month! Anyone else have one of these or another boat from Direct Boats (obviously a bulk importer from overseas).

49lb PS7.5 Row Boat

Attachment 75247

siestakey 04-16-2018 11:39 PM

let us know how it goes

IRENE 04-17-2018 09:54 PM

Looks good for your mission. Please post a review following some use. I bet it would be a hoot with a sailing kit.

menzies 04-17-2018 10:11 PM

Is that a tender or swim platform back up bath tub?

J/K.

Stability in a rough anchorage, three or more on board (or the dog) would be the questions for me.

But do let us know how it fits your needs.

South of Heaven 04-18-2018 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by menzies (Post 655586)
Is that a tender or swim platform back up bath tub?

J/K.

Stability in a rough anchorage, three or more on board (or the dog) would be the questions for me.

But do let us know how it fits your needs.

Yes, it's a mini bath tub! Lol. 3 on board will never happen. It specifically says that it's only a 2 person dinghy.

But the size and weight is what I wanted! I have a small mothership and the only real spot to carry a tender is the swim platform. I didn't wanna clog up the swim platform with a big inflatable. I actually wanted to find a SMALLER boat than this one! This one is still 7'5". I would've liked to find a 6 footer but couldn't find any. My only option would have been to build my own (which was an actual possibility but time was not).

smitty477 04-18-2018 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by South of Heaven (Post 655199)
After going back and forth between what to buy (composite vs inflatable) I finally went the fully composite route....

It's a 7.5' long, polymer, 2 person rowing dinghy. The best part is that it's only 50 lbs and $700!

I wanted something small and something that was easily manageable while solo. This boat fits the bill. It's also perfect for my engine. I have a Torqueedo 1003 outboard.

Can't wait to mount the davits and try it next month! Anyone else have one of these or another boat from Direct Boats (obviously a bulk importer from overseas).

49lb PS7.5 Row Boat

Attachment 75247

Yes - I had one very similar in our homeport harbor or Northport LI a number of years back. I hope it works out well for you and your application as it did not for us - we sold in the first year.