False Creek this weekend.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDCAVE

Guru
Vessel Name
Phoenix Hunter
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 42 (1985)
We always wanted to visit False Creek in Vancouver but something always got in the way, either weather or boat maintenance. There was a good weather window this weekend and available moorage at the False Creek Harbour Authority so in we came. Needed a shoehorn to dock but managed to get in first attempt! Granville Island is Vancouver’s version of Pike Place. Staying till Monday March 12 am.

IMG_2441.jpg

IMG_2440.jpg

We are immediately astern of Windrift and Coldfish in this photo.

IMG_2439.jpg

Jim

Last edited:
Pretty tight for sure!! Must not be much current in there?

Are people still allowed to anchor in False Creek? Last time I checked it was something like a week, max.

Jim,
Wish I was free to putz on up there.
Probably about the only time of the year one can find moorage.
Envy you there on this fine weekend.
Eric

Eric: you’d be even more envious if you knew how much we are paying for moorage and power, but that’s top secret!

Murray: Here are the restrictions.
http://vancouver.ca/streets-transportation/anchoring.aspx

Pretty open for most visitors. But it does get crowded inside of the Burrard Bridge. My dog Jenny is getting on in years so we wanted to tie up. Dinghying around in the dark and cold isn’t what I wanted to do.

Wish I knew about this place before we left to come here yesterday. It’s a 300 m walk from here. $35 for a 3 course meal. Not open on weekends.

https://www.picachef.com/bistro-101-restaurant

Last edited:
Loved False Creek! Short rode in 20 feet. Great people watching and awesome eats. Enjoy!!

Frost on the dock this morning. Shaping up to be a nice day though!
IMG_2442.jpg

What the _ !??!

It's -4C here...not much difference.

Here's a Granville Island Market tip for you. My wife and I got some nummy sandwiches and thought that eating them outside in the sun might be nice. As we walked the short distance to an open bench a seagull dove over her shoulder from behind, at a speed even Johnathan Livingston Seagull would have been impressed by, and knocked her plate to the ground. Onlookers chuckled, my wife didn't!

A couple of years ago, Pam lost a caramel apple tart to a gull at Granville Island. Very aggressive! I wasn’t there but she still goes on about it.

Upon entering Petaluma River (a slough), one must safely pass a monstrous Swan.

Attachments

• Petaluma swan.jpg
    Petaluma swan.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 120
We are back in False Creek for Christmas. I have been waiting for a weather window and today was the day to take Phoenix Hunter from Steveston to False Creek. Will spend Christmas and possibly New Years there this year

IMG_2903.jpg

IMG_2905.jpg

IMG_2906.jpg

A favorite of ours also, Cheers and happy holidays!

Awesome place. We dropped the hook. Had fun sitting on the bow watching people and the water taxi.

Awesome place. We dropped the hook. Had fun sitting on the bow watching people and the water taxi.

Yes we like it too, that’s why we are there. We haven’t anchored up but are at Fisherman’s Wharf. It’s too wet and cold to be bringing a dog to shore 3 times a day on the dinghy. Not likely,we will be sitting out on the bow, this time of year either, although the cockpit is an option on a nice day, all bundled up.

Jim

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom