Trawler Forum

Trawler Forum (http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s3/)
-   -   Bahamas Itinerary and Q's (http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s3/bahamas-itinerary-qs-37330.html)

Group9 06-30-2018 02:28 PM

All, I know, is that I am jealous as hell of anyone who is about to head to the Bahamas in their boat right now. :D

As soon as we can get away again......

Ski in NC 06-30-2018 03:10 PM

Ha!! The silly girl was not my daughter, but my GF!! She (and I) are fully capable of being stupid silly, as was the case last night. But I did not end up in the water...

Munching dinner on the back deck at Ft. P now. Storm passed and now it pleasantly cool.

BandB 06-30-2018 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Group9 (Post 677433)
All, I know, is that I am jealous as hell of anyone who is about to head to the Bahamas in their boat right now. :D

As soon as we can get away again......

Wifey B: We're in Canada....cool. Only 70 degrees and tomorrow only 64. ;)

Jeff F 07-01-2018 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BandB (Post 677446)

Wifey B: We're in Canada....cool. Only 70 degrees and tomorrow only 64. ;)

I know what part of Canada you aren't in :-)

BandB 07-01-2018 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff F (Post 677733)
I know what part of Canada you aren't in :-)

Wifey B: I see you have a heat warning. :nonono:

We're far far east and a north of you. :)

diver dave 07-01-2018 04:57 PM

If u r in avalon peninsular of newfoundland dont miss the ziplining[emoji847]

BandB 07-01-2018 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diver dave (Post 677766)
If u r in avalon peninsular of newfoundland dont miss the ziplining[emoji847]

Wifey B: Not currently planning on hitting Newfoundland this trip. We are far far east and some north vs. London, just not quite that far. Making notes for the future though. ;)

Bigsfish 07-02-2018 01:18 PM

Ski

We are at the almost end of out four week Bahamas and I’ll tell you I have no intention of adding up the bills because this has been a good trip and that might ruine it. LOL

I have a few observations about this trip but let me tell you how much I love the watermaker, long showers and we can hose down the boat. I think we have made over five hundred gallons. (I remember the three of us cruised three weeks in the Bahamas on sixty gallons of water, true we cooked with beer and brushed our teet with beer)

DLP 07-02-2018 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigsfish (Post 677961)
Ski

We are at the almost end of out four week Bahamas and Iíll tell you I have no intention of adding up the bills because this has been a good trip and that might ruine it. LOL

I have a few observations about this trip but let me tell you how much I love the watermaker, long showers and we can hose down the boat. I think we have made over five hundred gallons. (I remember the three of us cruised three weeks in the Bahamas on sixty gallons of water, true we cooked with beer and brushed our teet with beer)

I wonder whose Teet?? :lol:

Bigsfish 07-02-2018 05:18 PM

Sorry, damn iPad.

Jeff F 07-03-2018 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BandB (Post 677793)

Wifey B: Not currently planning on hitting Newfoundland this trip. We are far far east and some north vs. London, just not quite that far. Making notes for the future though. ;)

On a boat? Grew up in Halifax.

diver dave 07-03-2018 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff F (Post 678133)

My wife is begging to go to Gaspe. Not too bad a road trip, never been to Maine either.

BandB 07-03-2018 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff F (Post 678133)

Wifey B: On a boat, yes. But doing a lot of land touring in vans. Just spent three days in Halifax. Had an incredible time in Nova Scotia as we did try to see all the sights we could. Getting more in today from Port Hawkesbury. Exploring north. Currently eating lunch in Sydney.

Were truly shocked by the Harbor in Halifax. Had no idea how large, how deep, or how active.

Everyone here complaining about a "warm and humid airmass" and we're all so thrilled by "normal" temperatures and humidity. :)

Bigsfish 07-03-2018 11:05 AM

WifeyB

Love NS, especially Peggy’s Cove, very picturesque. Have fun!

Group9 07-03-2018 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigsfish (Post 677961)
Ski

We are at the almost end of out four week Bahamas and Iíll tell you I have no intention of adding up the bills because this has been a good trip and that might ruine it. LOL

We really want to have a water maker on board on our next trip to the Bahamas.

Bigsfish 07-03-2018 03:06 PM

A watermaker is a life changer, I truly appreciate it. It great to have the best tasting water and a limitless supply.

Group9 07-03-2018 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigsfish (Post 678262)
A watermaker is a life changer, I truly appreciate it. It great to have the best tasting water and a limitless supply.

Yep, the water hunt, and having to buy bottled, gets old when down there.

I used to get so jealous watching one of our neighbor boats power washing his boat with fresh water last trip. :D

BandB 07-03-2018 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Group9 (Post 678268)
Yep, the water hunt, and having to buy bottled, gets old when down there.

I used to get so jealous watching one of our neighbor boats power washing his boat with fresh water last trip. :D

Wifey B: I can't deal with restricted showering. :nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono: Therefore, watermaker a must. :)

Bigsfish 07-03-2018 05:01 PM

Yes, but you shower together so per person your not using very much. :)

BandB 07-03-2018 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigsfish (Post 678277)
Yes, but you shower together so per person your not using very much. :)

Wifey B: True but sometimes they run very long. Takes a while just to wash my hair and we have others aboard who take long showers too. We do our part to conserve though. Well, sort of. When you have multiple people in a shower sometimes it goes longer. :rolleyes: