Knot Fast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Knot Fast

Vessel Name
Knot Fast
Vessel Make
Great Harbour GH37
Knot Fast will be her name, but I am knot sure what model she will be.

Hi, David in Madison, WI here. Been reading a couple months and now stepping out of the shadow. Thank you all for your past posts to this richly populated forum. I have spent hours and hours reading and learning – which is something I love to do.

I am a life-long sailor, having chartered sailboats throughout most corners of the Caribbean (10 voyages) and owned trailer sailboats for inland racing. The sail race is over and (sparingly used) hydrocarbons are my new friends.

The grand plan is to slowly motor the loop, having fun and keeping an eye out for a new place to someday call home. A detour to explore the Bahamas would be nice, as well. Two or three years should be a reasonable pace. I’d keep my dirt home but plan to spend >50% afloat, including all of winter. I can buy a boat anywhere on or near the loop and start from there, so that is a buying advantage. I am a digital nomad; still work half-time, but from anywhere with internet. Might as well be afloat.

The Manatee, K39 and K42 top my wish list. Mainship has bang for the buck, but the engineer side of my brain really likes a skeg protected rudder. Just my girlfriend and me most of the time; don’t want the overnight guests to be too comfortable. I know I don’t want a project; rather pay up and buy an amazingly well maintained boat and spend my considerable efforts keeping it that way. Trying to clear my schedule to attend TrawlerFest in Stuart. Also planning a second MV charter in May.

I’ll start a thread when I have a well formed question. Until then, I suspect you’all will chime in anyway.
;-)
Thanks, David.

I see it as the golden side. :)

Welcome Aboard! Sounds like you’ve got a good plan and you’re considering some good boats.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom