Replacing center window glass on 1990 32

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allengb32

I noticed my starboard center window on my 32 is now cracked. This is the same window that refused to move at the end of the season this year. Has anyone had to replace the glass along with the window guides?

There is an old but revived thread over on GBOA about this same subject.

Side window replacement - International Association of Grand Banks Owners window replacement - International Association of Grand Banks Owners

I'm in the same situation. Cracked forward slider window on starboard side. Not sure if I remove trim from inside or outside to replace. Don't really want to remove one side only to find out I didn't need to. That would make for a bad Saturday....

Sliders usually just lift out. Rubber or plastic stops in the top track need to be removed so that the window can be lifted up then out at the bottom.

Huh, really? Never heard that but I haven't been listening too much on this subject until recently. Thanks for the MUCH easier hint. Will look at it today and see.

To remove the side sliding window on our KK42, you have to remove the inside window frame that’s attached with 18 screws.

Thanks for the response. I will begin this project as soon as the weather here in CT becomes more bearable. The references are good and I even have the original books that came with the boat but nothing is specific so this will have to be a trial by error approach. I believe my 1990 GB 32 requires the windows be removed from the outside so that is the first attempt. Thanks again for the information.

AJG

My 1990 GB 32 (#834) has exterior aluminum window frames all around. My starboard-side front sliding window (right by the helm) is cracked and I have looked into what it will take to get it out and replace it. I am pretty sure (but not 100%) that you have to do it from the inside, by removing the lower valance--UGH! The boats with Aluminum window frames are apparently pretty rare, and I have not yet found anyone who has actually replaced a window in one of these boats.
Oldersalt

Oldersalt
We have the same issues as my GMB32 is hull number 829. If I hear of anyone that has replaced a window on our vintage 32 I will let you know.

AJG

Back
Top Bottom