Need upper steering wheel for a Marine trader

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

billfromport

Vessel Name
Adventure
Vessel Make
1978 Marine Trader Europa
The previous owner decided to remove the upper helm steering wheel and disposed of it.

Does anyone know where I can get one or has one for sail.

F/B steering wheel

I would recommend a destroyer style SS wheel for the F/B helm station.

The wood ones don't hold up out there in the outdoors environment.

Here is a guy that has a dozen of them in stock, all different sizes, as used boat Fly Bridge steering wheels at very reasonable pricing. He ships country wide.

Mike's Marine Consignment store
3639 Harbor Blvd. Suite # 102
Ventura, CA. 93001

E-Mail: info @ MikesCMS.com - (no spaces, I just used spaces for clarity)
Phone #: 1-805-477-9881

Ask for Mike , Chris or Nicole

Great guy. Great prices.

Thanks.

Alfa Mike :thumb:

Last edited:
First measure the shaft and determine if it is tapered or straight, then measure the diameter at the big end if tapered.
Determine the diameter of the wheel , keeping in mind that bigger wheels are easier to turn, but take longer to turn to locks than a smaller one will.
Wheels are available all over the place, but you might opt to spend a few more bucks on your fly bridge wheel to get one that is all stainless steel, as the cheaper ones have a cast aluminum hub that goes to hell in a hurry when exposed to salt.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll will check the shaft dimensions and if it is tapered or not and if it has has a key. I will also check the size of the lower station wheel since the diameter works.

IF you can use a 24 inch diameter all SS destroyer style with a 1 inch tapered bore and key way , I can sell you one for $50.

It is FILTHY!!! as it was next a building that burned and is smoke residue covered.

My bride will be driving from CT to the Cape in May so delivery at no cost might be possible.

If you can find the make and model of the helm pump, you can look it up and get the other information. You might also be able to tell a vendor "I need a wheel for a XXX XXX pump" and get one that fits.

Back
Top Bottom