Shout out for a good company

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angus99

Guru
Vessel Name
Stella Maris
Vessel Make
Defever 44
I’ve needed a couple of small electrical panels custom-built for various purposes—the latest for a new Marine Elegance toilet and Purasan MSD. On a recommendation, I used Bass Products, out of Bristol, CT.

I don’t recall seeing them mentioned on the TF before, but my experience has been nothing but positive. Their workmanship is excellent, they have innumerable designs large and small, their prices are reasonable and the staff is pleasant to work with.

The two-breaker panel below cost me about $130, with robust C frame breakers, LEDs, labels and, I believe, shipping.

<The usual disclaimers go here>

https://www.bassproducts.com

Attachments

• 7A354956-02B9-47D6-AA68-C6C5F552E2E7.jpg
    7A354956-02B9-47D6-AA68-C6C5F552E2E7.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 131
  • 75853F63-69AF-4D90-B2F2-E90113454DFB.jpg
    75853F63-69AF-4D90-B2F2-E90113454DFB.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 163
That was a great deal! The pics show good workmanship too. I want to upgrade my electrical breaker panels on the bridge so I think I'll contact them. Thanks for the tip!!

Looks very nice, but to be a little internet forum nit-picky, those are some funky looking crimps and terminations.

Not sure what you’re seeing, George, except perhaps for the bent lugs, which are marketed worldwide. They’re not heat-shrink because I didn’t spec that. In real-life view, the workmanship is impeccable.

Very impressive, and a good price including the breakers and all the rest.

I've used FrontPanelExpress, where I can design the panel myself using their app and just submit the order from there. I've had nothing but good experiences with them, too. Never had them install anything, just the panel, so it's sort of a different animal.

I will check them out, but why not cut that ziptie? I also don't like friction-fit connectors, rings only for me, even if I keep dropping the damn screws...

I'm not a fan of the flat crimps nor the slide on "quick disconnect" terminals (though not as down on them as some) and regardless whose fault it is, lack of any sort of heat-shrink. And I meant it when I said "nit-picky", I wouldn't be at all surprised if you got many many years of good service from that panel.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom