Marine salvage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OFB

Guru
Vessel Name
Invader no1
Vessel Make
Kishi Boat works
Salvaging my own boat.

Log tow broke apart, leaving bundles of logs ( 60,000 lbs plus ) to float down river on a big tide. Took out my work boat and damaged my home. Is what it is. In todays world I am some what accountable cause I have chosen to be here. Who knew.

Invader took two big hits fending off one from my work boat but the second hit took out my work boat.

Thought some might find this interesting. I live on board, log salvage marine assist for a living, along with being a caretaker in the facility.

Going to be a good staory.

Attachments

• DSC_0632.jpg
    DSC_0632.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 267
  • 1511102352402.jpg
    1511102352402.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 235
  • DSC_0644.jpg
    DSC_0644.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 268
  • 1511102351325.jpg
    1511102351325.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 258
  • 1511109889783.jpg
    1511109889783.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 269
  • DSC_0143.jpg
    DSC_0143.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 263
Sounds a sad story to me, I hope the salvage goes well.
In your work you would know as well as anyone whether there is someone at fault, but that`s just the old retired lawyer in me saddling up. In your role it might not be politic to even make a claim.

Sorry for you, wish you the best in your bad luck :(

L

Sorry to hear that OFB.

We all have a story a struggle from time to time, no need for worries.
This is a different struggle , marine related. So I share. Lets see how that goes. Gotta laugh.

Buddies rock, boat and power salvaged. What I do. Boat is in rough shape, but the structure is in tack

Attachments

• DSC_0651.jpg
    DSC_0651.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 210
  • DSC_0684.jpg
    DSC_0684.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 209
  • DSC_0683.jpg
    DSC_0683.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 227
  • DSC_0656.jpg
    DSC_0656.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 219
  • DSC_0663.jpg
    DSC_0663.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
Sorry for your troubles and hope that the losses can be minimized.

Sounds a sad story to me, I hope the salvage goes well.
In your work you would know as well as anyone whether there is someone at fault, but that`s just the old retired lawyer in me saddling up. In your role it might not be politic to even make a claim.

I would think who ever had the log tow would be responsible as well.

Likely the governments fault, (anybody remember Father Guido Sarducchi?) they are the default payee for just about anything that goes wrong anymore, natural disasters and acts of God included.
I think its large of you to admit that your location is hazardous, and **** could obviously happen, but you took on the risk anyway.
New Orleans and Key West come to mind as super high risk areas, but there's plenty of money available to rebuild in time for the next disaster to strike!
FEMA would do well to issue a disclaimer for areas of known high risk.
If I were an investor or speculator, which as a taxpayer, I am, I would not put my money into such a project, but would insist on relocation to a safer area.
But who in the hell is going to listen to reason!

My access to internet sucks at best so I been a bit getting signed onto the site.

The tow company has stepped up in a large way. Very nice , they have taken the boat for repair and left me a courtesy boat so I can continue to work. Along with replacement of some gear and a bit of paint for the house.
So nice to be dealing with real folk.

No win for any one, in this but I can work with the outcome , and so seems the tow company.

My access to internet sucks at best so I been a bit getting signed onto the site.

The tow company has stepped up in a large way. Very nice , they have taken the boat for repair and left me a courtesy boat so I can continue to work. Along with replacement of some gear and a bit of paint for the house.

No win for any one, in this but I can work with the outcome , and so seems the tow company.
Glad to hear that.

It's great when people step up and take responsibility... on both sides. You are to be commended for acknowledging that you have a part in this too, merely by virtue of your location on the river. It's a small part, but a part none the less.

It's so wonderful to hear. It seems so natural to step up and take care of a problem, but some people just don't see it that way, so when someone does so it does really stand out in a positive way.

Still without my boat.

Repair seems unlikely , just to much damage.

The loaner boat is just too sketchy, I am going to hurt myself at best. I gave it the college try, as in what a ****ing learning curve. Yet I been there seems the learning curve over the years is a repetitive thingy. I am still here. But this will end with me killing myself just trying to eat.

Yet making a living is tough, that's a food thing. I mean before I buy food, stuff like tax, health care, insurance , moorage, internet, phone, rent , mortgage, WORKSAFE etc come first.

Who knew .

Grin

Man it looks like from the pictures that it is a boat that can easily go on a trailer and probably a 2 stroke out board. All of the above should be able to be up and running in short order. Probably the time you spent on the internet could have had the motor drained and fresh gas put in and up and running. Hate it when stuff goes bad, I hope you overcome and come out better for the experience.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom