Boeing 787 & 737 video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I could not figure out why this was posted on TF but then I saw the two trawlers out in the bay at 0.49

Oh sure, it looks like a piece of cake without a load of fat Americans, all their insanely heavy luggage, a couple of tons of mail, and minimal fuel. Probably not interior either :)

Oh sure, it looks like a piece of cake without a load of fat Americans, all their insanely heavy luggage, a couple of tons of mail, and minimal fuel. Probably not interior either :)

Yea, light weight the fly like a scalded eagle.

What do you recon that rate of climb is? Im thinking 15000 FPM but I may be way off.
If it aint Boeing I aint going.

"Oh sure, it looks like a piece of cake without a load of fat Americans, all their insanely heavy luggage, a couple of tons of mail, and minimal fuel. Probably not interior either :)"

Regardless of the weight , pax , cargo , fuel load an aircraft mist be able to LOOSE an engine and maintain climb performance .

Take out 90% of the fuel, no pax and cargo and an aircraft with 2 operating engines , at sea level on a cool day, does have a spectacular deck angle and climbs like the fighters of WWII could not dream of.

What do you recon that rate of climb is? Im thinking 15000 FPM but I may be way off.
If it aint Boeing I aint going.

15000 would be doable if they accelerated and used that extra speed for the initial climb, but doubt it would be sustainable for more than a few seconds. However, I'd bet they could hold better than 5000 fpm lightly loaded for 3 or 4 minutes.

I've got no experience on the newer jets, but the 757 and 767 could come pretty close.

This topic sure doesn't have much about trawlers, but there probably a lot of pilots here.

The trawler has a lousy rate of climb.... even with speed. We just don't want to see a rate of descent.....

"The trawler has a lousy rate of climb",,, but some have a fantastic rate of roll!

Pretty birds.

Did not realize how much bigger the 787 is vs the 737 til I saw them together.

Boeing is a company to be proud of...

Reminds me of the Eastern Airlines pilots ( yes I am that old) that had the contract to fly into Guantanamo back in the early 80s.

Couldnt cross the fencelines so they had to do the old carrier approach and drop em in with a skid within a wicker turn radius.

Scared tbe non military passengers but the retired Navy pilots loved to be able to yank and bank.

First time you fly solo formation flying, the join up is about heart stopping, after that, testosterone helps. Never could figure out why women pilots were actually better at it ....other than they sure could fly the numbers. :thumb:

Your comment about Eastern airlines triggered a memory. When I was 17 years old ( 1965) I lived in Freeport Grand Bahama and I worked for a company called Freeport Transfer. My job was to back trucks up to the airplane cargo hold and transfer baggage from the aircraft to the hotel.

Back then Eastern used the long runway at Freeport for flight training. Seeing those B727 and DC9's do maximum performance takeoffs was a hoot and got me interested in aviation.

It was always neat to climb into the baggage hold of an Air Canada flight and find snow on the luggage as we hauled it out into the heat and humidity.

Only once did I ding a plane. A 727. Small dent. Dont tell anyone.

Just remembered. We called them "bag drags". Me and a couple of Haitians were the crew.

Reminds me of the Eastern Airlines pilots ( yes I am that old) that had the contract to fly into Guantanamo back in the early 80s.

Couldnt cross the fencelines so they had to do the old carrier approach and drop em in with a skid within a wicker turn radius.

Scared tbe non military passengers but the retired Navy pilots loved to be able to yank and bank.

First time you fly solo formation flying, the join up is about heart stopping, after that, testosterone helps. Never could figure out why women pilots were actually better at it ....other than they sure could fly the numbers. :thumb:

I enjoyed the yank and bank at time, but not with passengers aboard.

As for formation, most of mine has been in formation from takeoff to landing. Very rare, did I join up.... above my pay grade.

Richard, thanks for posting that! Those are beautiful airplanes.

I did the tour of the Boing plant last year. It is insane. Approx 30,000 people work there and they can put one of the new ones together in a bit over a couple of days, start to finish.
They don't manufacture anything there - just put the pieces together.

I got to fly an empty Airbus A321 from Charlotte to Pittsburg today and dropped it off at the hanger for heavy maintenance. Max take off weight for this plane is 205,000 lbs. With no passengers, cargo and just enough fuel for a 50 minute flight, we weighed just 122,000 lbs. Acceleration at take off was impressive. The rate of climb was about 5,000 ft per minute at an angle of about 20 degrees until we pulled the power from take off to climb power. Then it settled to between 4-4500 ft per minute at 250 kts. I started my timer at brake release. We were passing 10,000 feet after 3 minutes and 8 minutes to 20,000 ft. That includes slowing the climb to accelerate to 330 kts indicated which at 20k feet was 450 kts true.

I don't get to fly empty airplanes often, and it's a blast when do. As mentioned, these planes are designed to take off at max weight, blow an engine, and still be able to continue the take off and climb out on one engine. It's really pretty amazing.

My last 4 flights were on Vietnam Airlines new 787s. Great planes,great comfort and accommodation. I`m definitely a fan.

I love these types of threads, where folks in the aviation industry share their experiences. This includes mechanics that fixes these types of birds when incidents takes place. I remember when Eastern Airlines flew the state of the art Whisperliner. Dang the first class service was second to none before Delta got their L-1011.When that plane took off you felt like you were floating in air in a split second. Now that was going first class as it relates to domestic flights.

I got to fly an empty Airbus A321 from Charlotte to Pittsburg today and dropped it off at the hanger for heavy maintenance. Max take off weight for this plane is 205,000 lbs. With no passengers, cargo and just enough fuel for a 50 minute flight, we weighed just 122,000 lbs. Acceleration at take off was impressive. The rate of climb was about 5,000 ft per minute at an angle of about 20 degrees until we pulled the power from take off to climb power. Then it settled to between 4-4500 ft per minute at 250 kts. I started my timer at brake release. We were passing 10,000 feet after 3 minutes and 8 minutes to 20,000 ft. That includes slowing the climb to accelerate to 330 kts indicated which at 20k feet was 450 kts true.

I don't get to fly empty airplanes often, and it's a blast when do. As mentioned, these planes are designed to take off at max weight, blow an engine, and still be able to continue the take off and climb out on one engine. It's really pretty amazing.

Steve91T,

Sounds cool, but even better in a Boeing... <g>

Like to pull you bus drivers chains.....

Occasionally we get a light weight MD-11 for a short leg. In the past if the runway was wet we did a Max Power T/O. Hold onto your jock strap! You can't the see the the brown on the PFD due to the nose high attitude at V2+10.... If you can hold V2+10. Rocket ships they are and fun too!

.... I remember when Eastern Airlines flew the state of the art Whisperliner. Dang the first class service was second to none before Delta got their L-1011.When that plane took off you felt like you were floating in air in a split second. Now that was going first class as it relates to domestic flights.
I have to admit we were up the front on VN`s new 787s. 1-2-1 seat configuration, very comfy, with service to match.

<<<Originally Posted by Scratchnsaw View Post
.... I remember when Eastern Airlines flew the state of the art Whisperliner. Dang the first class service was second to none before Delta got their L-1011.When that plane took off you felt like you were floating in air in a split second. Now that was going first class as it relates to domestic flights.>>>

I have to admit we were up the front on VN`s new 787s. 1-2-1 seat configuration, very comfy, with service to match.

The good old days with real silverware lobster and filets.... service was fantastic.... a thing of the past, unless you're doing international stuff.

Interesting but Marin (remember him?) probably was involved in that film.

I did some test flying for Bombardier and we flew green Challengers with curtains behind us and no interiors (or insulation or heat ducts) back and forth to Witchita. They used to haul ahse as well but if you went back to pee the cabin was about -50 so you had to be quick. I didn't miss any of that at all but this movie did give me a twitch, though.

Back
Top Bottom