2000 Mainship 390 Sint Maarten

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suntansailor

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Au Naturel
Vessel Make
2000 Mainship 390 Trawler
Perhaps you kind folks can point me in the right direction. Just shipped down my 390 on a container ship to my home in Sint Maarten (did not want to put hours on her for delivery), which took a month and a half to coordinate due to over crowded ships.

Had her out 3x, and then insurance required I put her on the hard for the storm season...kind of glad I did, with Irma hitting us directly on Sept 5 with gusts topping 223 mph. My boat did well, but parts of other vessels in the yard seem to use Au Naturel as target practice. However all in all, I was very lucky owner with the limited damages I received.

Thus what I am in need of is who should I contact on these parts? The short outward fly bridge windshield is demolished, so need a idea for the the vendor that provided this to Mainship. Also any idea on who fabricated the opening center windshield salon window? That got shattered and frame twisted...good thing is it is tinted safety glass so easy to clean up.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Storm Damage to MS390

I own a '99 350 but can not help you with finding what you need to replace. However, I strongly suggest you join the Yahoo Mainship Owners Group if you have not already. A very active forum there with a lot of "been there done that" boaters...there always seems to be someone with a valid answer to every question. Give it a try and good luck down there in paradise, or what's left of it.

Is there a glass shop in Sint Maartin? When it was time to replace the venturi (I think that is what you require, up on the fly bridge), I took the broken piece of mine and the unbroken parts to a local glass shop. They used bronze tinted plexiglass, drooped it at a moderate temperature until it assumed the desired shape, after cutting it to size. It fits perfectly. The bronze tint gave my boat a new look, as the original had faded to purple. The bronze is now older than the faded original was at the time of replacement, and has not faded at all in the last 20 years. Cost then was around $500 Canadian.
The same sort of shop should be able to supply the laminated safety glass you need for your front window.

Is there a glass shop in Sint Maartin? When it was time to replace the venturi (I think that is what you require, up on the fly bridge), I took the broken piece of mine and the unbroken parts to a local glass shop. They used bronze tinted plexiglass, drooped it at a moderate temperature until it assumed the desired shape, after cutting it to size. It fits perfectly. The bronze tint gave my boat a new look, as the original had faded to purple. The bronze is now older than the faded original was at the time of replacement, and has not faded at all in the last 20 years. Cost then was around $500 Canadian.

The same sort of shop should be able to supply the laminated safety glass you need for your front window.

I guess that St Marteen would have a shortage of glass these days.

L

Back
Top Bottom