Trawler Forum

Trawler Forum (http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s3/)
-   -   Cuts to NOAA (http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s3/cuts-noaa-34030.html)

Alaskan Sea-Duction 08-17-2017 04:53 PM

Cuts to NOAA

https://www.nationalfisherman.com/na...ent=newsletter

MurrayM 08-17-2017 04:57 PM

Can't have anything messy like scientific evidence get in the way of an agenda...

O C Diver 08-17-2017 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MurrayM (Post 584236)
Can't have anything messy like scientific evidence get in the way of an agenda...

Sorry, if you think noaa does objective science, you've been drinking the kool-aid to long. Leave science to the universities. Noaa number one job is growing themselves, same as most other government agencies. $5.6 Billion for annual budget is insane.

Ted

Al 08-17-2017 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MurrayM;584236[I
]Can't have anything messy like scientific evidence get in the way of an agenda...

[/I]

"Racist":whistling::rofl::D Hi Murray-:flowers: Nice to see you returned from your voyage. So we will receive a report? Knowing you guys had good weather, the trip must have been a 'hoot'.:thumb:

I agree more with Ted in that politics have influenced not only NOAA, but every department. I don't mean in "Love President_______ Or hate President______. more it reflects the changing social structure as it pretains to debate. There is very little in play as the use of harsh adjectives take the place of 'Science'. My personal observation.

"Sorry, if you think noaa does objective science, you've been drinking the kool-aid to long. Leave science to the universities. Noaa number one job is growing themselves, same as most other government agencies. $5.6 Billion for annual budget is insane."

Ted

MurrayM 08-17-2017 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al (Post 584272)
[/I]

"Racist":whistling::rofl::D Hi Murray-:flowers: Nice to see you returned from your voyage. So we will receive a report? Knowing you guys had good weather, the trip must have been a 'hoot'.:thumb:

Hi Al :)

Partial report here:

http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s...-bc-33912.html

BandB 08-17-2017 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al (Post 584272)
[/I]

"Racist":whistling::rofl::D [/I]

Ted

You found humor in using that word?

GFC 08-17-2017 08:08 PM

deleted by OP.

Al 08-17-2017 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BandB (Post 584292)
You found humor in using that word?

Yep:thumb:, sure do, Not one to be flummoxed by the current efforts to change history.:banghead: It is what it is. Best way to address all of this emotional carrying on is to laugh at it. So I do.:lol::lol:

Al-Ketchikan

Al 08-17-2017 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GFC (Post 584296)
deleted by OP.

What ever:facepalm:

RT Firefly 08-17-2017 08:23 PM

Al. Please keep your "political" comments in OTDE. That's what it's there for.
Thanks.

BandB 08-17-2017 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al (Post 584301)
Yep:thumb:, sure do, Not one to be flummoxed by the current efforts to change history.:banghead: It is what it is. Best way to address all of this emotional carrying on is to laugh at it. So I do.:lol::lol:

Al-Ketchikan

Well, I must go on record that I find no humor in racism and not talking about history but talking about today.

Al 08-17-2017 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RT Firefly (Post 584304)
Thanks.

Snow flake:smitten:

dimer2 08-17-2017 08:28 PM

Guys...we all know where this is headed and it's not "general discussion"

Al 08-17-2017 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dimer2 (Post 584307)
Guys...we all know where this is headed and it's not "general discussion"

Agreed.:thumb: Not worth any sweat:iagree: Outta here:D

Alaskan Sea-Duction 08-17-2017 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RT Firefly (Post 584304)
Thanks.

Oh oh Al. You ticked off the political cops. Management will not tolerate that.

Al 08-17-2017 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alaskan Sea-Duction (Post 584314)

Understood Tom, It was not unexpected yet I acknowledge the result(s) as anticipated when I hit 'send'. The point of OTDE is taken. Different views of how 'Humor' is defined. Life goes on. it is what it is.
The more important point is that Murray has provided some outstanding photos of an area of country that many boaters pass and may not be aware of the beauty. I am sure had you two not been in forced layover would or could have taken advantage of a day or two in this area. Murray from his location that would appear to be somewhat isolated, has exposed that he can and does take advantage of the opportunities.

Regards,
Al

Planobilly 08-17-2017 09:02 PM

Wow, only 5.6 billion budget...no wonder the weather station in Marathon has been out of service for almost a year!!...lol

what_barnacles 08-17-2017 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alaskan Sea-Duction (Post 584314)

feigning injury, as in being a victim, is quite in vogue for the elitists and their wanna-bee soldiers. :)

Its boring.

O C Diver 08-17-2017 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Planobilly (Post 584323)
Wow, only 5.6 billion budget...no wonder the weather station in Marathon has been out of service for almost a year!!...lol

It's an old game. When you want more money, you take away from the things that the common folk want. When they scream, the agency just points at the funding cuts and says,"if we only had a little more money". Same thing happened during the sequester cuts, they took man power away from the vessel documentation center. They new if we had to wait 6 to 9 months for our documents, we scream until the house and Senate heard us.

Ted