Comments on Meridian 381

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

auskiwi

Vessel Name
Moana
Vessel Make
1996 M40 Riviera aft cab
Hi all, I have now sold my Marine Trader in which I completed the Loop ,also spend a great 6 weeks in the Bahamas. Now back in Australia and looking at our over priced boat market.
Have seen a very nice 2005 381 Meridian with 330hp Cummins and well priced. My main concern is if anyone has knowledge on the sea keeping capabilities of these boats, as our waters are not as placid as those I found on the loop. Most days in my part of Queensland we are looking at least 15 Knots with 3 to 4ft chop, and 20 Knots plus is not unusual, great for sailboats but can be trying on Motor Boats. There are very few 381 Meridians in Australia so I have no one local to ask, so here's hoping Forum members may be able to help.

I don't know much about the 381 but we just sold our 459 on the Gold Coast and were very impressed with the Meridian product. The 459 was a great sea boat which actually suprised us initially. Ask the guys on the Meridian owners forum.
http://www.meridianyachtowners.com/

Go to baylinerownersclub.org, register for free and ask this question. Meridian was essentially a Bayliner brand and you'll get good replies there.

Thanks guys, went to the various Forums but all the boat tests were on flat calm water. The boat I am looking at is a West Coast boat, have to Transport it 2000+ miles but the prices are better over there even with the $28000 Freight bill, so will see if an offer is accepted.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom