Need NorCal help with 120V AC Switch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FlyWright

Guru
Site Team
Vessel Name
FlyWright
Vessel Make
1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Currently, I have a power strip plugged into the boat's AC system that gets its power from shore power or my Honda generator. This power strip powers items on this countertop alone....small fridge, microwave, fan. When I want to power those items from the onboard inverter, I need to move the powerstrip plug to the extension cord coming from the inverter. It's not ideal, but it works.

I'm looking for someone to assist me on my boat with the installation of a 120V AC rotary switch to select from shore power to inverter power for a single outlet on my port countertop. I can hold my own with most mechanical systems and 12V DC, but I stretch my limits when I venture too far into AC electrical mods.

I traded this switch for a propane grill from remwines and I've stared at this switch for a long time trying to make sense of all the connections but my eyes glaze over after about 10 minutes. All the work located in the salon so it's got great access and comfort...no hot ER work.

I'd also like to take measurements to ensure that there is no electrical leakage coming from my boat or adjacent vessels. I've read through the instructions for doing this, but I get lost in the flow of AC through neutrals and hots.

Is there anyone out there who's got the knowledge, skills and experience who's willing to provide onboard advice and guidance in exchange for lunch at our fine Vallejo Marina Sardine Can restaurant? I'll even throw in a boat ride up the Napa River and a few IPAs on the Lido Deck following the day's work.

Back
Top Bottom