True to the "Trawler Style"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dvd

Vessel Name
BOOSTER
Vessel Make
Nordic Tug 37
Here we are with our Nordic Tug, sitting in Alert Bay Boat Harbor, Cormorant Island, Canada. It's obviously a "working man's" harbor and, other than the US flag, we seem to fit right in...

Attachments

• Us copy.jpg
    Us copy.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 187
Here we are with our Nordic Tug, sitting in Alert Bay Boat Harbor, Cormorant Island, Canada. It's obviously a "working man's" harbor and, other than the US flag, we seem to fit right in...
I would say so . The Nordic 32 is a sweet vessel.

I've noticed people keep their recycling in the fake stack too - convenient!

dvd,
"Fit right in" ? No us pleasure boaters don't fit well w the commercial boys but most fishermen tollerate us quite well. Untill we anchor in their favorite small salt chuck w a nylon rode swinging all over the place while their huge anchor and heavy chain keep them from moving .. almost. Even then most all are polite. Don't try to find their favorite VHF channel though.

We had a hard time fitting in our (then) 25' Albin in that small harbor. Interesting place Alert Bay but far more interesting is Sointula (sp?) on Malcom I's .. far more interesting that Alert Bay.

And if you want to win over a fisherman just ask for advice. Fishermen do do some strange things so think twice before aplying their advice. They are great for local navagation info and most will be happy to share. They don't share wifes though until you get to Wrangell.

That's a really cool picture.

Willy,
Thanks for the advice - we're headed over to Sointula today, heard lots of good things about it. Our fishermen neighbors here in Alert Bay have been very friendly & open, even giving lots of advice on crabbing in the area. However, they know I'm not competing with them in the fishing business.

They really like our boat...

We loved staying in Alert Bay and decided to stay 4 days there relaxing. Hung out with the local liveaboard folks and the fishing guys too. Niceness people there and an interesting place to walk about.

We're comfortable alongside working boats, but I could never claim to fit in 'trawler style' ;)

Attachments

• DSC04040.jpg
    DSC04040.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC01845.jpg
    DSC01845.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC01878.jpg
    DSC01878.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 70
"Working boat" style appeals to me. Still feel my boat is as handsome as Ernest Borgnine: the quintessential working man.

Outgunned in almost every way...except with regards to affordability & devotion

Attachments

• Badger & Hawk Bay #1.jpg
    Badger & Hawk Bay #1.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 60
  • Badger & Hawk Bay #2.jpg
    Badger & Hawk Bay #2.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 74
  • Badger & Hawk Bay #3.jpg
    Badger & Hawk Bay #3.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 73
Greetings,
Mr .mp. Ernest Borgnine had a fly bridge....Just sayin'

hqdefault.jpg

Yes, but who would refuse a "free" boat provided by patriots/taxpayers in the real world?

Got over to Sointula - great place to visit. Instructions for mooring are "find a place that makes sense" then come up to the office & check in when you have time. Walked a couple of Km into town and everyone we passed greeted us and welcomed us to the island. The passing drivers all gave a wave. Ate a quick lunch at the "Burger Shack" at the top of the dock with a couple of locals playing their guitars along side the tables. Neat place...

Attachments

• Sointula copy.jpg
    Sointula copy.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 79
"The name Sointula means "Place of Harmony" (literally 'the place of chord') in the Finnish language. A group of Finnish settlers founded the village in 1901 after rowing north from Nanaimo." Well, what did you expect? :eek::thumb:

William started out as a work boat with reel in aft deck and outriggers . He worked between Florida and the Bahamas . When we bought him the caprails were in bad shape from cutting bait .

Attachments

• IMG_3057.jpg
    IMG_3057.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 44

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom