Trawler Forum

Trawler Forum (http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s3/)
-   -   Head liner attachment (http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s3/head-liner-attachment-32457.html)

BuoyOBuoy 06-13-2017 10:31 AM

Head liner attachment
 
This could very well be in some other thread but I'm not able to find it.
Project boat; 34 Mainship.

Head-liner has all been removed in V Berth. Walls have a rigid 1" foam insulation has been previously glued on; ready for liner = Easy part. Roll of head liner came with the boat, but it doesn't have a foam backing.

Ceiling is clean (headliner removed and sanded) to the fibreglas.
Some questions;
1. Do I use a different liner for the ceiling with a foam backing?
2. If I use rigid foam how to taper the curves?
3. Finally, is it absolutely necessary to use insulation on ceiling? I'm thinking it is, because of condensation.

I'm looking for all comments and degrees of expertise.

Bacchus 06-13-2017 07:57 PM

Best info I've seen on MS headliner re-installation.

You didn't mention yr but our '08 MS 34HT uses this system.

Dennis
Just noticed it was your post - starting on the project list already -
guessing the older MS are a different system?

BuoyOBuoy 06-13-2017 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacchus (Post 563296)
Best info I've seen on MS headliner re-installation.

You didn't mention yr but our '08 MS 34HT uses this system.

Dennis
Just noticed it was your post - starting on the project list already -
guessing the older MS are a different system?


Sunny Daze is a 1979. All suggestions are good ones and appreciated. Thanks again !

Jeff F 06-14-2017 07:07 PM

I don't think it's absolutely necessary to have anything between the deck and liner.

I hope to be in Toronto on my boat for a few days next week and can show you the unmolested original interior of my boat if you're around. Pretty dated, but no issues with condensation. I actually don't mind the monkey fuzz.

john61ct 06-14-2017 07:27 PM

PolyIso foam in thin sheets can apparently be made to curve.

The thinner very flexible but tough stuff used for packaging shipping interests me.

Choosing the right (likely 3M) adhesive will be critical.

BuoyOBuoy 06-14-2017 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff F (Post 563590)
I don't think it's absolutely necessary to have anything between the deck and liner.

I hope to be in Toronto on my boat for a few days next week and can show you the unmolested original interior of my boat if you're around. Pretty dated, but no issues with condensation. I actually don't mind the monkey fuzz.

When and where will you be in TO? Sure would like to meet up with you to see an original MS to get ideas on how to bring this old lady up to model status !

BuoyOBuoy 06-14-2017 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john61ct (Post 563596)
PolyIso foam in thin sheets can apparently be made to curve.

The thinner very flexible but tough stuff used for packaging shipping interests me.

Choosing the right (likely 3M) adhesive will be critical.

Thanks. I am going to look into that. I have used rigid foam on the hull using 3M adhesive and it holds well. As you know I am looking for anything flexible for overhead. Maybe I'm over thinking it and it requires no insulation at all.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012