MC Monk 42 Boom Mast Config

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RossWilson

Vessel Name
Good Vibrations
Vessel Make
Mainship 34T
Hello everyone: I just bought a 1986 MC42 (Monk) and am trying to configure the mast/boom assembly, including lines and pulleys. Since this is my first trawler, it's all very confusing. Can anyone offer advice on how this should be configured? Maybe with photos? I don't intend to lift a tender as the boat is equipped with a Seaweed power tender lift. But it would be nice to have it handy for lifting other heavy items aboard. Thanks.

Pictures definitely....one of mast top attachment, one of boom end attachment and associated blocks.

Hi Ross, here are a few pictures. If you want to lift heavier items on board it would be best to raise the boom 30-45 degrees so its in compression. You can remove the port or starboard aft stay to get more swing overboard. Remove the cable on the side you are lifting from. That way it has no load.

Attachments

• 1SDC11090.jpg
    1SDC11090.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 84
  • 2SDC11126.jpg
    2SDC11126.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 3SDC10216.jpg
    3SDC10216.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 73
  • 4SDC11092.jpg
    4SDC11092.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 83
Mast Boom Configuration

Hi Dave: Your config looks quite different from mine. I'll take a few photos and attach them. Your pulleys seem to be more numerous, and double, if I have the nomenclature correct. I just don't understand the technical element of this hardware. Ross

There are two block and tackle systems. One can raise and lower the boom. The other is attached to the end of the boom and attached to loads. The second picture has the block that connects to the load.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom