Formosa Trawlers??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigfish

Vessel Name
My Lady
Vessel Make
Formosa 42 Double Cabin
Anybody else have a Formosa Trawler or am I the only one??

It wasn't exactly what we wanted but we were made an offer we couldn't resist. It's okay, its a big 42' awesome state room, good front berth, nice size salon and galley, however, the galley is below deck - no windows. I'm trying to find info on it and the only pic on google is our boat - It is a Taiwan boat, they shipped primarily to CA and Formosa mostly made sail boats. I'm trying to find out what the fuel tanks are made of and ways to check for leaks in them. How to you like yours? Are you running into any issues or do you have any cool tricks or tips for this particular boat? Thanks - Lisa

I have a 1977, and I'm in love with her. She's got the original old black iron tanks. I haven't scoped the tanks yet, since I haven't found any indication of water, rust, or leaks. Plenty of windows in my galley.
Peace,
Melissa

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_ba7.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_ba7.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 145
I have a 1977, and I'm in love with her. She's got the original old black iron tanks. I haven't scoped the tanks yet, since I haven't found any indication of water, rust, or leaks. Plenty of windows in my galley.

Peace,

Melissa

Nice boat!

Two Formosa 51 sailboats were used in the filming of the movie, Capt. Ron. Wooden masts on one and aluminum on the other. If you watch carefully you will notice that. One of them belonged to a friend in Kemah, TX a few years ago. Typical Taiwan issues with leaks, etc. but built like a truck.

Two Formosa 51 sailboats were used in the filming of the movie, Capt. Ron. Wooden masts on one and aluminum on the other. If you watch carefully you will notice that. One of them belonged to a friend in Kemah, TX a few years ago. Typical Taiwan issues with leaks, etc. but built like a truck.

Yep, just like 1970s Datsun pickup trucks.....

Formosa 42

They are a solid boat if the leaks have been sorted.Have had one for 15 years, due for the next refit.

Yes, I have a beautifully restored, well equipped 1981 Formosa 40' with low time Perkins. Berthed in SF Bay area. Love the boat but don't use it much. Considering listing it.

Attachments

• IMG_0061.jpg
    IMG_0061.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 21

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom