Question on name boards for documented boat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

firstbase

Guru
Vessel Name
Black Eyed Susan
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 42' Classic
I am aware of the general guidelines on name boards for a documented vessel, easily read font, minimum of 4" tall, no more than 33 characters, etc. My question is whether or not their can be a graphic on my transom name board. Would like to put a small flower graphic at the beginning and end of the name. Not in the name, just at the beginning and end. Is that allowed?

Since there are no "name board" police (yet) , what is the worry?

The Question may have stirred the beast.

Since there are no "name board" police (yet) , what is the worry?

Just trying to follow the guidelines is all. If there is some little rule that the Coasties or others could possibly question when they come on board to do their thing...why give them something to begin with. I know it is a miniscule question but...inquiring minds want to know. I see documented boats all over South Florida with letters smaller than 4", no hailing port, etc. as well. I'm being picky. :)

There lots of boats with graphics out there, which ones are Documented, I don't know, or if they are within regulations. None on my boat, but I'd check with the C.G. to be sure.
Good luck

Thanks Steve. I know a somewhat stupid question, just checking. I don't see anything in the regs that says I can't. Sometime the LE in South Florida get a little bit overzealous lets say.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom