Californian

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim Spence

Vessel Name
Sea Eagle
Vessel Make
Californian 50' Cockpit M/V
How about adding the Californian (ones built by Marshall boat co.) to the list?

First Thank you for starting the Californian section.

My boat is a 50' Califorinan. I have had her 5 years. I have searched for information on her for a long time and hoping I can get more information on the company, now out of business. Mine is a 1983 and was obviously a semicustom built.

According to the information I have been able to find Marshall Boat Co. Which was started in 1966 built the Californian. They were purchased in 1983 by Welcraft. My boat has a plate that says Built Buy Marshall Boat Co. But I have some information that Marshall Boat Co became California Yachts in 1978. And then was sold to Carver in 1987. (Are you confused yet?)

I think it was custom built because when you look it up in the big boat value book. It says that it has 300hp cats and carries 400 gallons of fuel. But mine has 435hp detroit 6v92s and carries 1000 gallons of fuel in 8 tanks. The spec also show 200 gallons of water One of my water tanks has been expanded to 275 Gallons and second 200 gallon tank has been added. My boat also has 2 generators. a 7.7kw and 12.0 kw westerbeke. These items because of how they are installed were obviously done when the boat was built.

I am hoping to find other owners of the 50'MY. I have not even been able to find any for sale on any of the Internet web sites. Any information that you guys run across would be appreciated.

Hey Jim, you're welcome.* Gotta description that I can put under the Californian name that everybody will see on the forum?
smile.gif

Thanks again Doug

How about "Marshall Boat Co. Motor Yacht/ Fast Trawler"?

Have a great day!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom