Marina/Dockage Recommendations - Palm Beach FL Area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kev_rm

Vessel Name
Kismet
I am coming back from the Abacos in a few weeks and plan to return back over in a few months after some paying of the bills and refitting, so instead of heading the additional way back up to Savannah I am thinking about keeping the boat closer to a crossing point.

I draw a little under 4'. I will need to stay on board about half time. Would be a short term month-to-month arrangement. I care more about per ft rate than amenities but I do value the community aspect.

A lot of the Canadians I have met down here seem to gravitate to ft. pierce area which I think is about as far north as I'd want to be, and then I guess Miami is southern limit.

thanks in advance for your recommendations.

-k

We stay at Sunset Bay Marina and Anchorage in Stuart, FL. Love it there. Great community of liveaboards. Sunset Bay Marina

Old Port Cove in North Palm Beach is one of our favorite marinas.

Oliver, I am resisting with all my might.

I've stayed at Sunset Bay, great facilities and a restaurant on property.

Most choose from Ft. Pierce to Stuart and surrounding areas because less expensive than West Palm, FLL, and Miami. Some very nice marinas in the area at reasonable prices.

We agree with Oliver on Old Port Cove. Transient dockage at OPC says $2 but with discounts can typically get for less if staying a while.

Resurrecting an old thread...

After waiting for 40 years for the ability to make it happen, I'm finally planning my first trip down the ICW, and have decided that I want to use Palm Beach for my winter base of operations. The plan is to arrive around Nov 1, and leave in the middle of March to come back home.

I intend to take a road trip soon to visit some of the places I want to visit on the trip, and to check out the marinas down there. Any input from folks with specific knowledge of the area would be most welcome!

Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom