Music favs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll close tonight with a jam session lead by Van Morrison. He is truly one of the greats. Turn the volume up for this one, and enjoy.

Do you guys know Robert Earl Keen? You might guess he's a Texan from the album cover.

Yep, familiar with that. And, if you like that, you might like some Ray Wylie Hubbard.

Take heed my friends. Willie is trying to tell us something.

Two more great singers.

German Trio doing like us Texas Boys

https://youtu.be/QZ-FfQrOlOQ

Outlaws

I Have seen Robert and Ray Wylie and Willie and Charlie Robertson and a lot of those hill country outlaw poets many many times here in Texas. The Lone Star has a very vibrant music scene. Mostly south around Austin where the very liberal tend to collect. But when they turn the mikes on everyone forgets their politics and religion.

Last edited:
The best live performance I've ever seen. It's been told that Mick Jagger said that deciding to follow James Brown's performance at the TAMI show was the biggest mistake he ever made concert wise.

The best live performance I've ever seen. It's been told that Mick Jagger said that deciding to follow James Brown's performance at the TAMI show was the biggest mistake he ever made concert wise.

He's a great one. He didn't earn the title Soul Brother #1 for nothing! When the cape comes out you know it's none other than James Brown.

Music related for those of you with a Netflix streaming account watch the documentary "Muscle Shoals". Couple years old but ages well and gives great insight into how some of the most beloved music of the last 50 or so years was created.

Music related for those of you with a Netflix streaming account watch the documentary "Muscle Shoals". Couple years old but ages well and gives great insight into how some of the most beloved music of the last 50 or so years was created.

Craig, much music was recorded in Muscle Shoals, AL. They still have the W. C. Handy music festival there annually. I attended one year.

Ricky Nelson's plane went down after leaving a recording session there.

Greetings,
In the spirit of the season...a Christmas Carol...(bit of a preamble BUT it's there and actually IMO the sentiment still fits...)

Did anyone catch that Greg Lake of ELP fame passed on the 7th.
One of the more sophisticated bands of their time. Really enjoyed them.

I had not heard that. Emerson Lake and Palmer was a favorite long ago.

I think I wore out the album groove on From The Beginning.

By special request:

Jack of Speed by Steely Dan featuring the co-founder of the group, Walter Becker on guitar.

Another Steely Dan with Walter Becker playing a great guitar riff thru out the song. Cousin Dupree

Last edited:
Of course it wouldn't be right to be from Tennessee, and not introduce a little more country. From Alan Jackson, one of the country greats. Remember When.

......, and yes I do remember when.

I don't believe we've had any Mississippi Delta blues. How about a little John Lee Hooker?

How about a little Bosa Nova with one of my favorite sax players, Stan Getz.

I have to tell my Bosa Nova story. I went into a music store, and asked the young man if he had any Bosa Nova. Hie reply was that he was not familiar with that group.:banghead:

While in the Brazillian mood how about a little Sade. Her band is awesome. It just doesn't get much smoother than this.

Last edited:
Bought the Muscle Shoals DVD several years ago. An amazing and somewhat tragic story. The Swampers sure could pick a song or two.

OK, Craig and Porman why don't you post some Muscle Shoals music.

As an aside, you folks that "ain't from around here" may be wondering how Muscle Shoals got its name. Even if you're not I will tell you any way. There are fresh water muscles in the Tennessee River. As far back as the Indians they were dredged for their food value and believe it or not pearls.

Tennessee Freshwater Pearls

Last edited:
OK, Craig and Porman why don't you post some Muscle Shoals music.

As an aside, you folks that "ain't from around here" may be wondering how Muscle Shoals got its name. Even if you're not I will tell you any way. There are fresh water muscles in the Tennessee River. As far back as the Indians they were dredged for their food value and believe it or not pearls.

Tennessee Freshwater Pearls
Unfortunately I don't know how to attach a you-tube video to a post. Can anyone help?

Unfortunately I don't know how to attach a you-tube video to a post. Can anyone help?

No problem. When you pull up the video, click on the youtube URL in the browser line. It should be hilited. then right click it. A dialogue screen will appear. Left click on copy. That puts it on your clip board.

When you are at the place you want to post the link, right click and then left click on paste. Post the message, and magically your video will appear.

I recently acquired 2 CDs by Yutaka, and have another import on the way, but I`ve been hearing their tracks for years, on a local FM station.
"Warm and Sunny Sunday Morning" is a typical track. Dave and Don Grusin were involved in the production and release on GRP. No action pics to watch, just music.

I don't believe we've had any Mississippi Delta blues. How about a little John Lee Hooker?

Definitely a fan of the blues. John Lee Hooker, Slim Harpo, Howlin' Wolf, Elmore James, etc. At the risk of offending the PC crowd, my friends and I call this genre, "Old Black Man Blues."

Here is one for jazz aficionados, Blossom Dearie. An American "singers singer" who died in 2009, and often visited Australia. Her trade mark "little girl`s voice" belies an amazing singing ability. It`s her real name, she has Scottish ancestry. If you like it search for more songs.

Ok, last one, for now.
Lou Rawls. Hard to find any live performance clip, but I hope "Pure Imagination", which gives me goosebumps, more than makes up for it. Stills with water might help.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom