Offshore built boats?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bshillam

Guru
Vessel Name
Our Heaven
Vessel Make
1997 4800 Navigator
I have looked at several well known, higher quality boats and ran across this one

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/198...95399/San-Pedro/CA/United-States#.WD0WtXeZNmB

It looks like a nice motor yacht, well taken care of and with all the right equipment. Anyone know the brand or boat in question? Anyone live close enough to San Pedro to check it out for me if we are far enough to get a second opinion prior to flying down?

Last edited:
Yes

I did find their website. I was hoping to hear first hand experience with the brand.

My favorite place to pilot from is the fly. I don't know how important it would be Of course in bad weather being closer to the center would be better

That's cool. It jumped out at me as something easily missed is all. Happy hunting.

Interestingly as they tell you everything about why to buy them and have very nice websites, there is one thing I can't find mentioned and that is where they are built and by whom. Unless I'm overlooking it, I'm a bit disturbed by the lack of transparency in that regard.

Interestingly as they tell you everything about why to buy them and have very nice websites, there is one thing I can't find mentioned and that is where they are built and by whom. Unless I'm overlooking it, I'm a bit disturbed by the lack of transparency in that regard.

One of the articles mentions they were built in Taiwan and inferred they still are. Don't recall how old the article is. The boat the OP references is definitely a Taiwanese Tub.

They are built at the Tung Hwa shipyard in Taiwan. The same yard that builds Flemings. And, for what it's worth, Tony Fleming has complimented mine and says they're extremely well built boats also.

After having mine for 5 years, I wouldn't have any other.

They are built at the Tung Hwa shipyard in Taiwan. The same yard that builds Flemings. And, for what it's worth, Tony Fleming has complimented mine and says they're extremely well built boats also.

After having mine for 5 years, I wouldn't have any other.

They look like nice boats and it's good to hear that's where they're built. Still wish they'd put that on their website. Be proud of who builds your boat and where. There is no reason not to be.

The Cat 3208's look happy. Nice, clean engine room, which says a lot about how the boat's been treated.

I have had my 2001 Offshore 54 for 5 years and have travelled from Mexico to Prince William Sound without a hiccup. The company has been great in helping me out on the few issues that came with the stabilizers and chasing down a few parts that were seemingly impossible to find. Very responsible group right from the receptionist up.

Calfornian

Wife likes side doors. The Californian MotorYacht doesn't have side doors.

Back
Top Bottom