Training Captain Kudos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KarmaII

Vessel Name
Nordhavn 59 CP
The Captain Matthew Hahn Experience!
Anyone looking for delivery/training or a great hand onboard should put this fellow at the top of their list. Captain Matt spent 4 days aboard Karma with Claiborne & I working us down to Grafton from Chicago.
1. Professional, 2. Prepared, 3. Patient, 4. Informative, 5. Fun. 6. Repeat number 3!

I do have one complaint however; Claiborne listens to him better than me, and NOW she wants the helm all the time!!!

We learned so much about the river system and our new boat with Matt's help and are confident we are better mariners because of his time spent with us.

Mike & Claiborne Ryan
Charleston, SC

The Captain Matthew Hahn Experience!
Anyone looking for delivery/training or a great hand onboard should put this fellow at the top of their list. Captain Matt spent 4 days aboard Karma with Claiborne & I working us down to Grafton from Chicago.
1. Professional, 2. Prepared, 3. Patient, 4. Informative, 5. Fun. 6. Repeat number 3!

I do have one complaint however; Claiborne listens to him better than me, and NOW she wants the helm all the time!!!

We learned so much about the river system and our new boat with Matt's help and are confident we are better mariners because of his time spent with us.

Mike & Claiborne Ryan
Charleston, SC

What a great tribute. We've frequently recommended training captains and seen others have great luck as you did. Probably means you two were excellent customers as well. It's amazing how much you can learn in four days of intensive learning. Chicago to Grafton is an interesting place to learn. It's got a bit of everything and narrow and tricky areas to travel.

Thanks BandB.
I grew up on the water, sailed, paddled and motored all over the South East and you are correct, Chicago to Grafton was an interesting place. Even with my OUPV and experience I would not have been fully prepared. Captain Matt reinforced the old addage of failure to prepare ... and local knowledge can't be discounted!

Always a treat to hear someone in this often maligned industry complimented.
We should all name the good guys on this forum