Furuno First Watch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Baker

TF Site Team/Forum Founder
Site Team
Vessel Name
Floatsome & Jetsome
Vessel Make
Meridian 411
I am just wanting know if anyone has one of these and how you like it. I do understand the limitations and would not be employing it as a primary radar set up. But the limitations of my current set up were revealed to me in reality at night in the ICW and the least costly solution might be this Radar. If you are not familiar, google it. It is a wireless radar that uses wifi protocol to connect/communicate with an iOS device.

My issue right now is my radar is old....RL70c.. That honestly isn't the issue. The main issue is that the display is about 3 feet to the left of me so I have to lean over to look at it. It is not in front of me. I do not have autopilot currently and that would have helped. But having to hand steer and lean over to look at radar all the while trying not to run aground or hit that barge....was a little bit much.

So for $1200 and a temporary mount RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME this could be a better solution for cheap. There just isn't any room in front of me on my panel.

Anyone use one of these??? I read as much of the reviews as possible. Most of them naysayers not wanting to adopt new technology and the readability of an iPad in direct sunlight. I got news for ya....if I am in direct sunlight, I am not terribly worried about radar!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom