LED Replacement Bulbs for G4 Halogen Lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Island Bound

Vessel Name
Semper Fi
Vessel Make
2005 Great Harbour N37
If you are looking for a plug and play G4 base replacement LED bulb for your overhead puck lights that gives you the same light output as a 10W halogen bulb, the new micro bulb lights from Marinebeam will do the trick. I purchased six bulbs for Semper Fi's galley and recorded an 88% drop in amperage draw from 5.7 amps to .7 amp. The added bonus was an almost complete lack of heat coming from the fixtures, which is also beneficial when running the air conditioning. These bulbs will easily fit into a standard puck light and are the perfect solution to the lighting needs found on may boats.

https://store.marinebeam.com/waterproof-micro-g4-led-bulb/

Other posters here have commented on Marinebeam's excellent customer service and I can attest to that. If you sign up for an account and ask for the trawler discount, you will receive 10% off the $15 per bulb price. Buying 10 or more will further discount the price.

After replacing the galley lights, I upgraded the overhead lighting throughout Semper Fi and could not be more pleased with the results. For the record, my only connection to Marinebeam is that of a satisfied customer.

Attachments

• DSC03167.jpg
    DSC03167.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 82
Yup, converted all 56 of ours to Marinebeams after having multiple failures running superbright LED's. Haven't had a single marinebeam fail on me yet.

I have installed 31 bulbs so far and I have a few more coming to finish up the engine room and the Bosun Locker, aka the basement. Not that there would ever be a reason to do so, but it is kind of cool to know that you could turn on every single interior light on the boat and only be drawing about 4 amps.

Count me as another very satisfied Marinebeam customer, having originally started with them on the same G4 halogen replacement project, then on to other applications. I had screwed around with a bunch of other brand/supplier solutions before with poor results. Sure there are cheaper initial cost items available, but quality of performance and total lifetime cost of ownership are superior. Guy there was very knowledgeable, my boat had 12v AC .

Last edited:
My boat has 96 bulbs... :ermm:

so...

I bought 100 bulbs off of Ebay for $1.36 each, three years ago.

Every bulb worked, and I still have the spares. :)

Great upgrade to the boat!

Back
Top Bottom