Teak Deck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KEVMAR

Vessel Name
Delphina
Vessel Make
President 43
what is the depth of the teak deck planks. I need to repair a potion of the deck on my 1983 36 Albin trawler.. thank you
Kevin G
New Bern NC

Kevin,in default of an Albin owner responding, can you find somewhere, eg. the edge of a lazarette hatch,where you can measure. Any measurement will be only a starting point, since 1983 you will have lost a deal of thickness as the teak abrades, wears, was sanded, cleaned, etc.

Although the attached schematic shows 5/8 inch thickness, I measured mine in an area that appears unchanged from sanding, etc. (under the bow pulpit at the edge of the anchor locker) to be 1/2 inch.

Attachments

• Albin36Schematics.pdf
    531 KB · Views: 78
Find an edge. Dig out a bung and pull a screw. Remove something easy. Look around in several areas. One place in ours has worn enough so that the wide portion of the seams have no sealant. We have something under 1/2" in places, most areas around 3/8"; maybe it started at 1 cm.

Be prepared to plane the new material to varying thickness along its length. Power planer. Belt sander. Done before the piece is installed; I would not want to thin the adjacent wood.

Back
Top Bottom