New Member and new to Boating/Trawling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
ECHO
Vessel Make
Transtar 50' Trawler
Hello All! I have been reading and learning from so many threads so it was time I joined. My husband is actually on here already but insisted I get my own username... I guess I don't have to worry about him wanting to share a facebook profile anytime soon.. Thankfully! We purchased a 52' trawler back in March and are getting her ready to travel south from Pensacola, FL to St Thomas, USVI in the late fall. Depending on how that goes we will head up the east coast and make up our own loop agenda. We are looking for any and all advice out there! My husband says we can find everything we need to know on here...whereas my approach was to stalk boats at the marina (I found one at a marina next door that listed St. John, USVI as their hailing port) and take them to dinner.

Welcome to the forum! You can take me to dinner in Fort Myers, FL or somewhere on Chesapeake Bay. May see you on the Loop next year.

Ted

Welcome! that is a dream trip for sure! If you don't have them already look up Bruce Van Sant's and Stephen Pavlidis' guide books for cruising that area, they are written mainly from a sailors viewpoint but have lots of good information for powerboaters too.
We have stopped in Pensacola often since we started "trawlering" in 2004, first in our Camano and now in our Monk 36, always a nice stopover, Bahia Mar, Palafox or Santa Rosa Island.

Welcome aboard. We assume you have quite a bit of experience since you are embarking on such a long adventure. Relax and enjoy.

Welcome aboard. We assume you have quite a bit of experience since you are embarking on such a long adventure. Relax and enjoy.

What they said. Are you going to the VI via way of Bahamas, Turks and Caicos, etc. or planning on skirting Cuba? Or the western Caribbean?

Last edited:
Welcome..
When you are ready to head into the NE let me know...
Glad to share cruising experience over dinner!

Thank Heavens you'll be coming by us here in Sarasota before you get to Ft. Myers and dinner with OCdiver. It'll give us a chance to drain your cruising kitty before he gets to it.:eek:

Back
Top Bottom