Absolutely The Best Fuel Water Seperator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pgitug

Guru
Vessel Name
Escapade
Vessel Make
Nordic Tug 37 2002
With summer upon us I thought this great product used to keep water out of your fuel should be revisited.
Last year when we bought a new to us Tug I was concerned about water collection in the fuel tanks. After reading articles on different fuel additives I ran across a posting here.
It stated the obvious that I had over looked.
To keep your fuel dry, every year, ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1464782730.653366.jpg replace your fuel fill cap "O" ring.

I looked at some at Worst Marine last week, but they were like $12 each! So I am going to find a source for them at a proper price. O-rings should be like $0.99 for that size.

Any good hardware store should have a big slider display of many sizes. Take your old with you to compare. Lube it lightly before install. Clean mating surface.

Any good hardware store should have a big slider display of many sizes. Take your old with you to compare. Lube it lightly before install. Clean mating surface.

:thumb:

Roger that.

Most hydraulic hose shops have a great selection and are usually cheaper than the hardware store.

Ted

Price

Tough to beat .99; the gas to get there costs more. Of course, .75 would be a significant savings.

Don't forget the vents as a possible source of water intake.
Most of them are some sort of "scoop" which is usually installed facing down, which normally keeps rainwater out, but is an open invitation to take on seawater in sloppy conditions.
I always plumb them with a loop that extends as high as practical above the vent so that any seawater that gets pushed up there will have a chance to drain back out.
Also make sure that the vent hose runs downhill clear to the tank, so no trapping can occur, whether its fuel or water involved.

sorry, the message was intended for a different thread

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom