Injector pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nascar fan

Hey anybody know where I can get a good price on injector pump for a 120 Lehman where can I send mine for repair or rebuild?

I looked at you I saw one but it's not the right one for my motor I think that's for a 360 I don't think mine's at 360 I have a Ford Lehman 120. The top of the pump or the injectors bolt to it looks slightly different

I can't talk this afternoon I saw one on eBay and I do not think it's the right one

What is wrong with the pump? Local injection shops can handle some fixes.

I keep losing power and it keeps trying to shut down on me under a load. The way my luck usually goes it's usually always the worst thing that can go wrong. Bad thing is I'm not extremely good mechanic and I'm not the best at troubleshooting things. I just figured if I would rebuild the pump then I could just eliminate that problem I guess that's just how a backyard pond mechanic works

I keep losing power and it keeps trying to shut down on me under a load. The way my luck usually goes it's usually always the worst thing that can go wrong. Bad thing is I'm not extremely good mechanic and I'm not the best at troubleshooting things. I just figured if I would rebuild the pump then I could just eliminate that problem I guess that's just how a backyard pond mechanic works

???? mechanical injector pump or electric fuel pump ??????

Almost ANY shop that rebuilds injectors can do an injectiuon pump.

Thats what there in business to do!

Look in the Yellow pages and call.

More likely you have a crappy lift pump or some sort of fuel restriction or air getting in fuel. Not likely that your actual injection pump is faulty based on your symptoms.

Sort out fuel supply issue before fiddling with the expensive injection pump!!! You might have a very inexpensive problem to fix.

Sort out fuel supply issue before fiddling with the expensive injection pump!!!

This...... unobstructed pickup and lines (including the return), clean filters and a healthy lift pump.

Not until you KNOW that the injection pump is getting all the clean fuel it needs do you touch it.

"Sort out fuel supply issue before fiddling with the expensive injection pump!!!"

The EZ way to do this is with a metal outboard gas tank with a hand priming bulb filled with diesel..

Hook it up at the injection pump and use it for 6 gallons of motoring.

If the boat now runs great hook the tank output to the line where it comes out of the fuel tank.

Place strips of paper towels on every fitting and filter , pump away and in a few hours the diesel on the paper towels will be EZ to see.

Leave the tank above the engine & fuel lines for an overnight .

Last edited:
I would definitely go to the lift pump first. I replaced one for my neighbor last week and his exhibited the same issues.

Bob

From one Memphis boy to another don't mess with the injection if you don't have to .

There is also a flexible hose just ahead of the lift pump. Those are notorious for collapsing and shutting off the fuel.
This happened to me several time before I called ADC and replaced BOTH the pump and the line. They sell a "kit" that includes both and the new fittings you'll need.
No problems since them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom