Trawler Forum

Trawler Forum (http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/)
-   Anchors and Anchoring (http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s42/)
-   -   Rode Warrior (http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s42/rode-warrior-25843.html)

MurrayM 04-25-2016 09:28 PM

Rode Warrior

1 Attachment(s)
No dragging for me! Once I lay this all chain rode down nothing, no stinking hurricane, not even a tsunami is going to budge old Badger!!

Now...how to get it all aboard?

Nomad Willy 04-25-2016 10:10 PM

Yup the rode surely won't be needing an anchor .....

Unless you're in a small salt chuck that are so numerous up there.
How big is your anchor locker?

MurrayM 04-25-2016 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manyboats (Post 436609)
How big is your anchor locker?

Since we have a Sundowner Tug, we thought to ourselves, "Hey, why don't we chuck all this chain into an old herring punt and tow it like a barge?"

Works like a hot-damn and we put a diving board and slide on the punt too. We sure make a grand entrance into anchorages judging by all the stares and people pointing at us.

GFC 04-25-2016 11:28 PM

ummm, Murray it looks like you bought the wrong size!!!!

Just kidding. Get a bunch of friends to bring their wheel barrows down to the dock and form a "chain gang".

MurrayM 04-25-2016 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GFC (Post 436629)
ummm, Murray it looks like you bought the wrong size!!!!

Just kidding. Get a bunch of friends to bring their wheel barrows down to the dock and form a "chain gang".

Buy it? I didn't buy it!

The marina has been dragging its ass about putting in the new floating breakwater for about a year and this mooring chain was laying around so long a guy starts to think to himself, "Well, if they aren't going to use it, I may as well put it to good use".

I tell you though, when it runs over the aluminum herring punt gunwale in deep water anchorages like Bishop Bay Hot Springs it echos off the mountainsides like rolling thunder for a couple minutes after the last of it hits the bottom!

MurrayM 04-26-2016 06:23 AM

Joke! :socool: :rofl: :dance: :thumb: :angel: :flowers:

TONTOROSS 04-26-2016 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MurrayM (Post 436599)
No dragging for me! Once I lay this all chain rode down nothing, no stinking hurricane, not even a tsunami is going to budge old Badger!!

Now...how to get it all aboard?

I want to know what logging operation is missing their Skidder chains? :ermm:

MurrayM 04-26-2016 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TONTOROSS (Post 436727)
I want to know what logging operation is missing their Skidder chains? :ermm:

The only true part in this thread so far was the bit about the mooring chains for the marinas floating breakwater...the marina was sure bouncing a couple days ago. The one they're working on now looks pretty robust, but our breakwaters keep braking! Rock would be nice but there's a steeply sloping glaciomarine clay and mud bottom...