Prep for a 2005 Mainship 430 Trawler Survey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimL

Vessel Name
Lemon Drops
Vessel Make
2001 Grand Banks Europa 52
Hi, As previously posted in other threads, I’m preparing for a survey for a new to me 2005 Mainship 430 trawler.

The boat has spent most of its time in fresh water (NY) with two, season long trips to FL.

Are there any Mainship 430 aft cabin trawler issues we should be concerned about?

The boat appears to be in an ok state of 11 years old. The engine room and mechanicals ‘look’ clean and mostly free of corrosion. There is an issue of the molded in fiberglass step on the swim platform going thru the transom that appears to be delaminating. Are there other issues I should pay attention to? The engines are the 370hp Yanmars.

I have read that this hull is not cored. Can anyone verify?

Thanks in advance.

JimL

Have you seen this TF Thread re MS 430

My MS 34HT hull is solid - at least below WL - I haven't had a need to cut into hull above WL - decks are cored

The Yanmar 370's are a popular engine and have served most of us very well w/ normal care & maintenance.

Sorry, we've only had ours for about 1 1/2 years and no major issues. The sliding doors on both sides are stiff, but I think I have an answer for that. My survey also said the swim platform had some water intrusion, but I haven't done anything about it yet.

We have a 2005 430 w/ twin 370 hp Yanmar engines. Owned it 4.5 years. Put about 7,000 miles under the keel. No major issues, normal maintenance.
For the survey, we did hire separate engine surveyors - that's all they do.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom