Greetings from New Orleans, LA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

slimsailor00

Glad to be a new member!

Having spent a year at sea in my early 20s and as I get older I often look back upon that time with increasing fondness. I don't think I appreciated the sunsets, the peace of the water, and the salty people I came across as I should have. Instead I was too busy looking forward to getting drunk and chasing skirt in the next port we were going to.

Now I am in my mid 30s, married and have a good career here in Louisiana. I have a 20 foot bowrider that gets me on the water, but I yearn for more...and that leads me here.

I have a short to medium term goal of buying a trawler and wanted to research as much as I can. So please accept me cruising through your posts and asking questions as they come up. It is my hope that I can join the trawler community before long!

Fair Winds and Following Seas,
Chris

Greetings,
Welcome aboard y'all. "I was too busy looking forward to getting drunk and chasing skirt in the next port we were going to." You'll fit right in...

giphy.gif

Welcome! I keep my boat in Houma just off the ICW. There is a lot of good information available on this site!

Nice to have another Who Dat on board! We're at South Shore in N.O. Give us a holler.

Welcome aboard Chris. I think I remember chase skirts 50 years ago or so.:angel:

Welcome aboard. Boatin' and drinkin' and chasin' are like three peas in a pod. All go together well!

Well, I'd say you're about 15-20 years smarter than many of us here. I was where you are at around 45. I bought my trawler at 50. As I see it, you'll have all that extra time to enjoy your new boat!

Welcome aboard! Cheers!

Welcome Chris !!!! I am also from Houma.

Well, I'd say you're about 15-20 years smarter than many of us here. I was where you are at around 45. I bought my trawler at 50. As I see it, you'll have all that extra time to enjoy your new boat!

Welcome aboard! Cheers!
I second this. i wish we would have started earlier.My doctor gave me a new prescription the other day . It said "start slow and scale back "
Oh yeah welcome to the forum.

Hey Chris,

I'm a mid 30s guy that has just bought a 43 Defever, and plan on moving it to NOLA in the September October time frame as a live aboard. Any advice on marina's I would love to know!

Blue Skies,

Nicholas

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom